cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in have 1Gig data on my plan but i cannot receive or send any pictures on my blackberry bold 9900..

ronaldb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

what gives??

9 REPLIES 9

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Thanks for the info @ Griff.

I think it would be wise to have a sub forum to point people who need phones so they can buy without hassles. It seems to trip people up with public since they have stopped being a supplier.

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@DK, you can also buy the second gen Moto E at TELUS for $150 as a prepaid package. If you're only planning on using it with Public it might worth saving the $29.

I think the phone holds up well against the first generation Moto G, it's a bit of a trade off though, the screen resolution is less but you get LTE access and SD card expansion.

DK
Yes @ martin it does indeed. If people are looking to upgrade there phones I will add that 7/11 sells an unlocked Moto E for $179.

Not sure how good this phone stacks up against the likes of a Moto g but at least you won't have to worry about getting scammed from the low life of kijiji.

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

From the "Plans" section of the Public Mobile website;

• (3) Includes text and picture messaging. Premium and subscription-based messages, and messaging to and from non-Canadian numbers, are not included. Picture messaging on BlackBerry smartphones requires the BlackBerry 10 operating system.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi DK,

After reading the article, it's clear that the OS needs to be 10 for data to function.

That's a bummer if the user is grandfathered, and is paying $15 a month for data that can't be used unless a new phone is purchased.

If purchasing a new phone, there is Telus online, Costco, Walmart, Amazon, Staples, Best Buy, and London Drugs.

My personal recommendation is a refurbished Moto G (1st Gen.) from Telus online. The price is $100 exactly.

DK
Pretty sure data will not work on BB7.

Mms is separate issue but will not work either. Data/MMS only work on BB10.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Are you trying to send and receive photos as MMS? If so, does your plan include text?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Have you updated your BB to the latest operating system?

If not, what OS are you currently using?
Need Help? Let's chat.