Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone shows reception but unable to call, text or have data

mikado0401
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Shazia_K | @Mary_M | @Saray_O | @Caroline_D

Good morning,

I have ported my number from another carrier over 24 hours ago, received transfer request successful message, but i have not been able to do anything ever since.  It does show it has public mobile signal, but no LTE/3G.  I tried making calls, text, and going online but has not been successful.  I also tried to change the APN but I only get the personal hotspot section on the iphone 5s, so i tried the unlockit.co.nz method which does not work as well...

Any help will be much appreciated... thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

mike23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi. how did she fix? have thesame problem here. i have i phone se . i have reception but cannot make a call or sent tex 

mikado0401
Got fix by Shazia, much appreciated for her help!

mikado0401
Hi mods,

Just curious if you can tell me some more detail about my account?

@Shazia_K | @Mary_M | @Saray_O | @Caroline_D

mikado0401

ya it gave me the option to update my carrier setting and I click ok, however, it is still not giving me anything unfortunately... 😞

mikado0401

yap, tried that on a 4s and same thing as well...

splashable

Maybe try restarting your phone?  It sounds like everything should be fine as far as your account is concerned.  Could also try taking the SIM out and put it back in again.  

My transition with my iPhone was perfect and I didn't have to change any settings.  My husband's android was a different story.  I had to find the discussion with the android settings and enter everything manually.  As I said, I didn't have to to anything like that with my iPhone.

Hope it works for you!!!  It's worth it.

Devil_tear
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@mikado0401 by any chance can you try the sim in another device?
Need Help? Let's chat.