cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mintpanda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

iPhone carrier indicator is taking too much space.

I got started with Public Mobile since August.

I use $10/month plan for 50 minutes talk and 50 outgoing text, as I am not using much text and call. I also added 1GB data add on. I like its coverage, affordable cost and data that carries over to next month if unused, which no other carriers offer.

However, I have a concern about carrier indicator, as my phone is iPhone SE. It is taking a lot of space, sometimes moving connection indicator (which spins when data connection is made on iPhone) to left side. 

image1.png

I did some research how other carriers around the world with long name deals with this. For example, TracFone Wireless in States, shortens it to "TFW".

Shouldn't Public Mobile do similar thing, and shorten it to "PMC" or "PM", or "Public", like how Lucky Mobile show carrier as "Lucky", not "Lucky Mobile".

Gonzo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: iPhone carrier indicator is taking too much space.

This would be a matter of preference... it has never bothered me Smiley Happy.

Also I’d like to point out that the ‘loading’ indicator moved to the right for many devices with the iOS 12

update.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It has been suggested several times in the past. Likely not changing anytime soon.
srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

There's a simple fix for this:  purchase an Android phone and drop your iPhone off at your local electronics recycling depot!  Problem solved!

Screenshot_20181014-165645.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Luddite
Oracle

@srlawren wrote:

There's a simple fix for this:  purchase an Android phone and drop your iPhone off at your local electronics recycling depot!  Problem solved!

Robot LOL  

Android gurus at work:   ColossusRebuild_11.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
ShawnC13
Oracle

@Luddite wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

Robot LOL  

Android gurus at work:   ColossusRebuild_11.jpg

They are even running the latest update of Pie I see. I love my PH-1 but this was a good one @Luddite

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@mintpanda wrote:

I got started with Public Mobile since August.

I use $10/month plan for 50 minutes talk and 50 outgoing text, as I am not using much text and call. I also added 1GB data add on. I like its coverage, affordable cost and data that carries over to next month if unused, which no other carriers offer.

However, I have a concern about carrier indicator, as my phone is iPhone SE. It is taking a lot of space, sometimes moving connection indicator (which spins when data connection is made on iPhone) to left side. 

image1.png

I did some research how other carriers around the world with long name deals with this. For example, TracFone Wireless in States, shortens it to "TFW".

Shouldn't Public Mobile do similar thing, and shorten it to "PMC" or "PM", or "Public", like how Lucky Mobile show carrier as "Lucky", not "Lucky Mobile".

I have never tried these but you could give it a try. 

Carrier Editor for Mac or Carrier Editor for Windows

Lets us know if it works for you.

mintpanda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Got Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro and got issue fixed. MIUI allowed me to change carrier text on lockscreen (Carrier text doesn't display on status bar on MIUI)

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mintpanda wrote:

Got Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro and got issue fixed. MIUI allowed me to change carrier text on lockscreen (Carrier text doesn't display on status bar on MIUI)

@mintpanda congrats!  It sounds like took my advice!

@srlawren wrote:

Screenshot_20181014-165645.jpg

Feel free to mark my response as the solution to this thread Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
ShawnC13
Oracle

@mintpanda wrote:

Let me know how you like is Xiaomi has some great products and are probably my next phone

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Need Help? Let's chat.