cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6s SMS sending failed.

Salimcanada
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I m with public Mobile since last 5 month. Everything was working fine. But now since few days I cannot send SMS. iMessage works fine. I turned off iMessage, reset my phone twice, I did network reset. But same thing. Try to contact moderator & give them my account no, cell no, my pin. But still no response from them. Now I am stuck. Please any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14

tbae2000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Have you got an answer to your problem? I have the exact problem. iMessage works but SMS fails. I can receive a text message from another android phone but I can not send a response to it.

Salimcanada

Hi, Thanks but my issue here is different. My iMeassage to iMessage works fine. but if someone has an Android or any other phone, even my send as a SMS option is enable, but its keep sending failed, not delivered. Doesn't matter if the iMessage is on/off.

But thanks for your reply.

Salim

@Salimcanada I get the "not delivered" error when I try to send a message to another iPhone with iMessage enabled on my end, but they have it disabled on theirs. This happens with my mom... she's so worried about going over on her data, that she shuts cellular data off. When I attempt to message her, it would eventually give the not delivered warning. If a message doesn't seem to be sending, you can always try pressing on the message bubble and "Send as Text Message" should pop up. I have to do this every now and then, especially with friends trying to conserve data.

Here's what I did to address the issue (hopefully this is your same issue)...

Under my mom's contact info, I had to change her phone number label from iPhone to mobile. This way, the Messages app doesn't assume I'm messaging another iPhone with iMessage enabled. Now, whenever I message her, it's a regular green SMS message. I don't get to know when she read the message, but at least I know it went through.

IMG_0144.jpg  IMG_0145.jpg

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

okay, the last idea i have is to check messages > send  & receive and is start new conversations with your phone number only? try selecting that instead of the email address if it is in there.  If this doesn't work I am out of ideas.

Salimcanada

It’s on.

brent_liza

one more thing to try is under messages make sure send as sms is turned on. 

Salimcanada

Thanks I just tried it as per u said to change the carrier but it’s still the same. Thanks anyway appreciate your help.

brent_liza

I found this from another post in the community from last year I know that it says receiving but this could help with the sending too. Let us know how this works. @Luddite came up with the solution and was answered as an answer. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/No-longer-receiving-SMS-messages/m-p/...

When you have trouble sending or receiving SMS, it's possible to "force" the change of your SMS settings to solve the issue.  

• Go to Settings

• Then go to Mobile networks and select a network other than Public Mobile, Telus, or Koodo

• When you exit the menu the phone should lose the network.

• Repeat the process and select Public Mobile as your mobile network.

This procedure will force the update of the message centre number. You can verify it in your message settings.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.

Salimcanada

My SMS stop working from last Friday. & I also tried everything reset my phone, network, turned on/off iMessage. But still same thing.

Salimcanada

Thanks. But I m with pm since last 5 to 6 months with no issues at all. Reception is good everywhere. N I m using the same phone iPhone 6s. But now Except the SMS everything works fine. N I know about air plane mode, nothing works if it’s on. 

cmatassa

Hi @Salimcanada,

I have an iPhone 6S just like you.  Typically, if you want to send a text message (not imessage) and it says 'not delivered', it might be one of the following issues:

- you have no cellular signal

- the cellular reception is so bad that iPhone can't send a text message

- the cell number you are trying to send to is disconnected

- Airplane mode might accidently be activated on your phone, which would prevent your phone from sending messages (toggle Airplane mode off).

Hope you figured out the problem soon.  Best!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@Salimcanada, I'm sorry about this issue :(. Please reply to the private message I just sent you so that we can sort this out.

Thank you!

Aïssata

Salimcanada

Not delivered.

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What type of error are you getting when sending an SMS?

Maybe you can try looking through this troubleshooting page from Apple and try the suggestions in there while you wait for the mods to get back to you:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/ht204065

Need Help? Let's chat.