cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get moderator input in a thread

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hoping to get some clarification of getting moderator input in threads.

my understanding is:

• send a private message and they will reply
  • tag them in a thread and moderators will reply to the thread

the difference between the two should be private messages are for account related issues and tagging should be general support/knowledge etc...

Is there a proper way of tagging @CS_Agent in a thread to get moderators attention so they can provide their input?

7 REPLIES 7

mimmo

this thread is a prime example. 

No need for a private message,  and it is aquestion that really can only be answered by mods  (I know it  is after hours ), so will see what happens tomorrow.

But if tagging mod team is YMMY then the concept of tagging should be removed as a way if communicting  with mods a described in the updated  contacting mods thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

They used to participate more in the public forums.  These days, they are rarely seen here.  But then again, I notice that people are tagging them less often.  Definitely, private messages gets you into a first come, first serve queue.  Tagging is YMMV. 

Mana
Mayor / Maire

My understanding is that:

- if its not a very busy day for them tephen they may browse through the open threads and especially the ones where they are tagged or mentioned in the body of the message. 

- If its a very busy day for them then they focus more on private messages. 

- Private messages have the higher priority. 

Perhaps they triage "tags" and only respond if absolutely necessary? Tags will certainly be lower than private messages, given that the members are quite responsive.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo, then I definitely agree.  I have only seen a moderator chime in a couple of times over the past few weeks.

If they do respond when tagged, then I am also curious as to the answer to your last question.

Whatever the answer, the knowledge base article should be updated.

mimmo

@matbasm I know that is how it is supposed to work, but I don't see it happening that way. That is why I am asking.

The other question I forgot to add was do tags and private messages go in the same queue or are they seperate?

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo, According to this thread,that sounds about right...

Need Help? Let's chat.