Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to cancel an add on service

jojopderoda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

17 REPLIES 17

@KatieMabley 

It sounds like you are on the $15 plan with 100 outgoing minutes and you have run out. Unless you have changed your plan after February 16th to April 9th when the plan had province-wide calling only.

You can confirm this by logging into your account and looking at your plan details at the top of the overview page. At the bottom of the page you can look at your plan and add on features. If you do not see your 100 outgoing minutes counter (0/100) then you have used them up. You would then want to purchase the $5/500 min add on.

If you do not want to add more funds to your account and/or no longer have any additional funds to purchase the add on the moderators can help you fix this. Explain to them that you have made an "honest mistake" and accidently purchased the US calling add ons. Ask them to credit the funds back to your account and purchase the $5/500 min add on instead. The remaining credit can be used to pay for your upcoming renewal (s).

If you are good with using simple simon the chatbot use that link to submit a support ticket. Type "account specific issue" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

If you get frustrated talking with simon like I do then send a private message to the moderators with a detailed message explaining your issue. Use the guide below to ensure you include all the necessary information.

Spoiler

Do not post any of the following info in the community....do so only in a private message to the moderator team as this is sensitive account info that will help verify that you are the account holder.

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #
  10. Recent or frequently called or texted phone numbers ( in or out.)

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less today as there are new trainees.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KatieMabley : Click on the cartoon quote button in the lower right and muddle your way through the stupid chatbot to get to a submit ticket form.

So which plan are you on? If you're on a provincial plan then while you're waiting for the moderators to reply, schedule a plan change for your next renewal. That way you would have Canada-wide calling.

@KatieMabley wrote:

I thought that post WAS sent to the moderator. How do i contact a moderator? 

I accidentally purchased the US long distance add-on twice in a row. I did not use any minutes at all. 

I need to purchase the other long-distance instead so that i can call ontario. I have not made any long distance outgoing calls yet. How can i get a hold of a moderator?

@KatieMabley   No you're on PM's public forum so never post any personal information on this site.  Anyone responding here is another fellow customer.  Public mobile employees (moderators) can be reached with the links I posted above.

Edit:  @KatieMabley   you can purchase your add-on the same way you purchased the incorrect one in your self serve account.   Purchase the correct add-on ($5/500 mins) first so that you can make your calls and then send a ticket to moderators asking a refund of the incorrect add-on as a gesture of goodwill from PM.

KatieMabley

I thought that post WAS sent to the moderator. How do i contact a moderator? 

I accidentally purchased the US long distance add-on twice in a row. I did not use any minutes at all. 

I need to purchase the other long-distance instead so that i can call ontario. I have not made any long distance outgoing calls yet. How can i get a hold of a moderator?

@KatieMabley wrote:

I wanted to call another province. So i paid for the wrong long-distance add-on, so now i cannot call other provinces. I can only call the US. But i dont know anyone in the US. Please help i want tge long distance add-on that allows me to call from alberta to ontario

@KatieMabley   What plan are you on?  You can purchase the $5/500 Canada wide mins to supplement a plan that only has provincial mins, or change plans to one of the current ready made plans as they all have Canada wide calling, plus some of them have more data than the previous versions.  When changing plans it's best to Change at next renewal (to not forfeit what's remaining in your current plan as PM doesn't prorate) usually depending upon your current renewal cycle or needs or course.

Edit:  @KatieMabley    Here's couple of links to moderators to ask for a refund (no guarantees as PM is prepaid) if you really won't be able to use that US add-on for the future since add-ons don't expire.

Contact via chatbot and follow prompts here: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Second option (if unable to submit ticket via chatbot) is to send a private message to Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KatieMabley : Do you have the $15 plan and maybe you've used all the outgoing minutes? Or do you have the provincial-only version?

Just wondering why you're wanting an add-on. It would be highly suggested to change to the updated $15 plan for your next renewal.

To fix the purchase you made you'll need to contact the moderators.

KatieMabley

I wanted to call another province. So i paid for the wrong long-distance add-on, so now i cannot call other provinces. I can only call the US. But i dont know anyone in the US. Please help i want tge long distance add-on that allows me to call from alberta to ontario

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@slash407 wrote:

nice, rollover data is a big appeal. I havent used it yet but im sure i would. Low cost and good features is whats keeps me with PM

@slash407 well, the rollover aspect is appealing.  If you are a very light/occasional mobile data user, then using the data add-on(s) make sense as they stay on your account until utilized.  However, you also pay significantly more per GB for the data add-ons ($30/GB if you're buying 1GB at a time, and I believe $50/GB if you buy it 200MB at a time) than you do for plan data.  If you're a frequent/heavy data user, you're going to get much better value by purchasing the data as part of your plan, despite the fact that unused portions do not rollover between cycles.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

keegan

Hey @jojopderoda

If you're speaking about service add-ons, if you have already purchased it you cannot cancel it. As it's a pre-paid service with no refunds. However, add-ons don't renew and they carry over until they are completely used up - then you would have repurchase them.

srlawren

@jojopderoda wrote:
I have a 10 dollars credit in my first purchase of SIM card but, since i accidentally press the Add On in my key pad they automatically deducted the Add on Service in my 10 dollars credit

@jojopderoda okay this is now the THIRD thread you've started for the same issue today.  I'm hoping one of the oracles will merge the threads together.  In the future, please only post once, and provide all the info together instead of spreading it out over 3 posts.

But now by looking at all 3 I finally undertsand your question.

There is no way for you to do this yourself.  I would recommend you read this article on How to Get Help, and follow the instructions to send the moderator team a private message asking if they can do this for you.  They are under no obligation to do so, but usually will for "good will" if you ask politely and explain the situation clearly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jojopderoda
I have a 10 dollars credit in my first purchase of SIM card but, since i accidentally press the Add On in my key pad they automatically deducted the Add on Service in my 10 dollars credit

srlawren

jojopderoda

That's my worry, because i accidentally press the option in my cellphone instead of talkin to a customer service.  can you help me to cancel it please..

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

If you are talking about the long distance or data add-ons: They are a manual one-time purchase, don't auto renew and stay in your account until used up.

US roaming add-ons are a one time purchase, don't automatically renew and expire at midnight ET of day 10 (purchase day is day one).

"Cancelling" service features of your plan requires a plan change in your self serve account. Doing a future dated plan change is in most cases the best way to go. (If you do an immediate plan change you will loose any remaining parts of your current plan and will not get a refund for them.)

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jojopderoda wrote:

What are you trying to cancel?  Addons are a one time purchase that don't expire (except 10 US Roaming addon) they stay on your account until they are fully consumed.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo

What service are you wanting to cancel? 

Need Help? Let's chat.