cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I avoid outgoing message to 474663?

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Since come back from China,When I was checking the usage history, I saw 4 messages sent to number 474663. However, I didn't make any of these messages and I could see them in the phone history. How can I avoid these outgoing messages to 474663?

3 REPLIES 3

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Dunkgirl @liuxinbing Thanks for explaining,my iPhone doesn’t show 474663 from yesterday.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jackhyf63  This has been discussed many times. If you are not on the 50 text plan you can ignore it. If you want to fix it. Read this solution by @RobertQc 

@RobertQc wrote:

@Katt wrote:

Just registered for the $10/month plan. It's supposed to include unlimited incoming texts but it is counted towards my outgoing.  I verified this online when I signed into my account under usage. Help please? 

@Katt  You may find that you have "receive / send receipt" on, and anytime you get a message it sends another message out letting the persons advanced messaging know that it was received or read by you.

Otherwise- If you log-in to self serve and click “View My Usage” you will see the outgoing text and the number it was sent to.

The most common issue is both iPhones usually 474663 (iMessage/FaceTime) and usually 7723 Google (android) phones use SMS to set up things when you first sign up a new number / phone / provider / restart phone.

On Android remove “SMS” permissions from the dialer app which should be labelled as “Phone” in settings under app info or app permissions.

On iPhone you want to disable iMessage and FaceTime (before you insert the sim card or you may still be some sent) if you want to use iMessage and FaceTime there is no way around these messages being sent. It's not public mobile its Apple, complain to them if you want.

Settings -> Messages -> iMessage (Slide to the left so slider background is white)
Settings -> Messages > FaceTime (Slide to the left so slider background is white)

It has been suggested by chris32 here that 474663 is actually location sharing services on apple devices.

How to stop automatic messages.

After a couple of days I found the problem that cause sending messages in background on iPhone and It's not icloud our Android cloud.

Here, how to stop that:

Step #1 : From primary screen: Push on Setting >>> Privacy >>> Location services >>> System Services >>> Share My Location  = Put the button OFF

Step #2 : Go back to Location services (return) >>> Share my Location  = Put the button OFF.

Also send a private message to the moderator team Click this to send them a message with your PIN & Phone number and explain what happened. If your plan is limited 50 texts and they were not done with you it is likely they will offset these messages. There is also a chance if someone sent you a message (even if you didn’t respond) your phone will send a “delivery confirmation” back without your knowledge that will count as 1 of your outgoing text. That should be disabled as well.

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Looking at my landline phone keypad, I happened to find that 474663=iphone. So you must be using Apple iphone. Seems like you are trying to send iMessage without suucess. So try to turn off iMessage to see if that stops. If it does then logout then log back on iCloud/Apple ID.

Need Help? Let's chat.