cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having problems porting number from fido during activation

bucknekked
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just got my sim card and I was trying to activate it and port my number over from fido, but everytime I try to do it it gives me 

Sorry, we are unable to process this request. Please visit our online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance.

I'm sorry to bother you with this as I've seen a lot of people with the same post but I can't seem to find the answers in the forrums. 

thank you. 

6 REPLIES 6

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @bucknekked

If you still require assisting in porting your phone, please private message me the phone number & account # that's coming in from your old service provider (if not already done). 

I will get back to you at my earliest convenience,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

bucknekked

yep just having the accound number seems to have solved it. 

but now I can't seem to get passed the plan and addon page...:P

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bucknekked at what point do you get the error?  Is it when you type in the number you want to port and click the button to check eligibility?  or when you fill out the form on the next step and submit it?

If the former, then try switching to a different browser.  Also, make sure you check the checkbox underneath that says I'm authorized to transfer the number first before you click the button to check eligibility.

If it's submitting the actual request, try filling in only your Fido account number, an alternate phone number you can be reached at (home phone, work #, spouse's #, parent, friend, priest--anything other than your Fido # or your temporary PM #), and your name exactly as it appears on your Fido bills in the authorized name at the bottom.  Leave all other fields blank, and submit.  Any luck?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

bucknekked

I've been trying since yesterday night, but I think I'll just try to pm a moderator first see if they can help me out with this. 

mhaider
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Their system is currently down, I would suggest trying back in half hour or so.

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @bucknekked

To be patient, sent private message included your SIM card number and your phone number to our moderators to help you. They will help you asap. Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.