cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email to sms - images not allowed i guess?

Zootyhops
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

With Telus my surveillance cameras could send a snapshot to mynumber@msg.telus.com.

Seems with public mobile images are not allowed....Correct?

6 REPLIES 6

@Zootyhops great to hear its working for you!

ps: It's considered bad form to mark your own post as a "solution." Maybe you can pick a post by someone else who best helped you?

Zootyhops
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the help ...all is well...works great

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Zootyhops wrote:

With Telus my surveillance cameras could send a snapshot to mynumber@msg.telus.com.

Public Mobile doesn't advertise this so they could take it away completely if they wanted. I would recommened setting it up to see if it works.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

My testing has found the following domains work to send an MMS with picture attachments to my Public Mobile phone (and probably Koodo & Telus Mobility as well). Original email "from" address is preserved, allowing direct reply to an email over MMS as well. Your phones mobile data must be ON to receive.

##########@mms.mb.telus.com

##########@msg.koodomobile.com

##########@mms.telusmobility.com

For plain SMS, where attachments will be stripped, and SMS will be from "999-999-9999". These will still come through with mobile data OFF.

##########@msg.telusmobility.com

##########@msg.telus.com

Sending an SMS to 999-999-9999 results in a reply from 4686 "999-999-9999 doesn't accept replies. Reply to the email address."

My testing shows the attachment size limit is around 500KB. JPG Images larger than that will still go through but the gateway will automatically scale/reduce the image. Other arbitrary attachment types can also be sent, up to 500KB, including WAV/MP3 which is useful for from 3rd party voicemail notifications that include the recording as an attachment.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Similar issue explained a bit more in detail. 
SMS Gateway DNS address: mms.mb.telus.com, or msg.... - Community (publicmobile.ca)

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Zootyhops wrote:

Try this: mynumber@mms.mb.telus.com

Need Help? Let's chat.