cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

easter update, my new activated phone works for outgoing calls only---but

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

incoming calls are directed to old magic jack before ported to public

also i can text within public mobile network but for example i cannot use authenticator to receive verification code for important tasks. meanwhile i use the outgoing calling without any issues. keep in mind whomever calls i do not hear the phone ring its routed back to magic jack vocal message---and i do not have access to mailbox anymore

22 REPLIES 22

dboxtvinfo715

sorry this solution is not accepted andnot resolved. the phone was ported succesfully the first month and then the secondmonth i got different number.

case not solved---moderatorplease fix this i sent you all screenshots i wont waste anymore time here on this====just will delete account remove autopay.

thanks everybody but this was not reso;lved

dboxtvinfo715

YEP  thanks

ghost 👻 This emoji shows a white ghost making a silly face, with its tongue sticking out. 👻 Ghost is a fully-qualified emoji as part of Unicode 6.0 which was introduced in 2010. Other related emojis include 👹 Ogre, 👺 Goblin, 👻 Ghost, 👽 Alien, 👾 Alien monster, 🤖 Robot, 💩 Pile of poo, 🤡 Clown face.

dboxtvinfo715

go see rosie note from moderator

attemting new port as we speak

but i cant reacive text

ghost 👻 This emoji shows a white ghost making a silly face, with its tongue sticking out. 👻 Ghost is a fully-qualified emoji as part of Unicode 6.0 which was introduced in 2010. Other related emojis include 👹 Ogre, 👺 Goblin, 👻 Ghost, 👽 Alien, 👾 Alien monster, 🤖 Robot, 💩 Pile of poo, 🤡 Clown face.

dboxtvinfo715
I PORTED MY OLD PHONE SO I KEPT CALLING IT, IT WORKED LAST MONTH AND JUST REALIZED MY  NUMBER IS DIFFERENT SO NO IT DOES NOT RING I WAS TOLD TRANSFER WAS NOT COMPLETE

SORRY FOR YELLING

ALLTHIS TIME I WAS DOING OUTGOING CALLS--MODERATOR ATTEMPTING ANOTHER PORT BUT I CANNOT RECEIVE TEXT SO GO SEE ROSIE POST FOR UPDATE

BOOO

dboxtvinfo715

Thank you for contacting Public Mobile

I checked the status of your port for number 514400 BLABLA and it shows canceled.

When a port is initiated, a message is sent from the provider who has the number

To verify that the port is a valid  one. (you need to his SIM card from your previous

Service provider  in your phone)

You need to answer "Yes" to that message to validate the port and continue the process.

I will resubmit the request. Please Answer the test message so that the port is  completed

If you cannot answer the message you have 90 minutes to contact your previous service

provider and let them know you authorize the port and they will release the number 

Sincerely,MODERATOR

@dboxtvinfo715  if you call back the "new" number, would your phone ring?

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

GUESS WHAT---I PORTED A NUMBER BUT NOW SHOWING DIFFERENT OUTGOING CALL NUMBER THIS EXPLAINS WHY I DO NOT RECEIVE CALLS, ITS NOT MY PORTED PHONE 514 400 NOW 438 SOMETHING

@dboxtvinfo715 oh no!  definitely contact the moderators to fix this for you.

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

dboxtvinfo715

GUESS WHAT---I PORTED A NUMBER BUT NOW SHOWING DIFFERENT OUTGOING CALL NUMBER THIS EXPLAINS WHY I DO NOT RECEIVE CALLS, ITS NOT MY PORTED PHONE 514 400 NOW 438 SOMETHING

dboxtvinfo715

yes  patience in my late replies, while updating i do have outgoing calls no biggy

dboxtvinfo715

well i can do outgoing calls only, working on updatess

@dboxtvinfo715  30 days is a bit too many.  Did you check your email?  I know sometimes they have trouble porting landline and PM will email for more information.  

.. but since it's 30 days ago, it's best to contact Mod to confirm.  I assume you will have to re-request porting

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

incoming calls are directed to old magic jack before ported to public......the phone ring its routed back to magic jack vocal message

MagicJack VoIP service is considered a land-line based service, and because of that the number port for incoming calls could take a week or more, and will require considerable patience but it should eventually complete. You are in the right hands by confirming current status with the Moderators. Just don't cancel your MagicJack service until you have confirmed that incoming calls are now arriving on your Public Mobile phone - the "losing carrier" account must be active for the port to succeed.

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

PHONE PORTED 30 DAYS AGO

@dboxtvinfo715 

Then moderators are needed to help. One week maximum for VOIP or landline porting.  

Might want to contact Magic jack customer service to see whether Magic jack is holding things up for some reason.  

dboxtvinfo715

PHONE PORTED 30 DAYS AGO

dboxtvinfo715

magicjack.com

i had it ao years its a VOIP VOICE OVER INTERNET PROTOCOL====I ACCEPTED SOLUTION BUT MY PHONE STILL IN HANDS OF MODERATORS

dboxtvinfo715

internet voip        magic jack

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@dboxtvinfo715 

How long has it been when you ported? 

Mobile ports take a few hours to complete.  Landlines and VOIP service like Magic jack can take a couple of days to complete (sometimes longer). 

You should be able to call and text out, but unable to receive calls or texts.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

incoming calls are directed to old magic jack before ported to public

also i can text within public mobile network but for example i cannot use authenticator to receive verification code for important tasks. meanwhile i use the outgoing calling without any issues. keep in mind whomever calls i do not hear the phone ring its routed back to magic jack vocal message---and i do not have access to mailbox anymore

@dboxtvinfo715 ,  

Hi there...so did you just recently activate with Public Mobile? I ask because your Community account was created in 2019. But it is very likely you activated another new PM account.

huh, never heard of Magicjack.

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

keep in mind i do use it for outgoing calls.

noted ipretty much followed all your advice so far---should i accept solution , thank you have sent moderator email meanwhile

Hi @dboxtvinfo715 

You're welcome - it's your choice whether to accept my reply as a solution.   

But sure, I'd like that.   Thanks!!!   😁

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 

Is this site below of any additional help - truth be told, I've not heard of this provider, however their porting FAQ may assist:

Other Porting Topics | Help (magicjack.com)

dboxtvinfo715

keep in mind i do use it for outgoing calls.

noted ipretty much followed all your advice so far---should i accept solution , thank you have sent moderator email meanwhile

Need Help? Let's chat.