cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data

Sea_Mare
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife received a notice from Public Mobile that the usage of her data was close to the limit. When we go in her account "view my usage" she still has half her data still available? what do we do?

7 REPLIES 7

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sea_Mare  The data counter on the landing page of selfserve is correct. The data usage feature is delayed.

If you need more data your options are purchase the data add-on for $15, change plans with one that offers more data or submit a ticket to PM and ask them to renew your existing plan early.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Sea_Mare sometimes public mobile sends incorrect texts... I once got a text I had to renew the following day, when my renewal date was actually 2 weeks away. it's best to go by the "overview" counter as it's almost instant

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sea_Mare wrote:

My wife received a notice from Public Mobile that the usage of her data was close to the limit. When we go in her account "view my usage" she still has half her data still available? what do we do?

@Sea_Mare hello it wouldn't be the first time Public has sent our an errant text lol in your self serve under data and add ons you will find a more precise account of your remaining data 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Sea_Mare info from self-service is the most accurate. In you case, you may ignore the message.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Sea_Mare if the data in her self service account is on the overview page. Then ignore the message. It may be an errant one. Stay safe.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Sea_Mare wrote:

Hi @Sea_Mare , Just confirming...was the message from Public Mobile or was it a notification on your phone?

Your phone can be set up to notify you but it must be set to match the start date of your billing cycle of your Public Mobile account. Make sure these dates are in line, so that if your phone is set to prompt you of any warning limits it will be much more accurate than if your dates are not matching.

Mine is found under: Settings\Network\Mobile data, and looks like this.

DATA on phone and setting same as PM dates

What ever it says in SELF SERVE would be most accurate.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Sea_Mare hi i would go by what's in your self serve that is the most accurate 😁

Need Help? Let's chat.