cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data usage

Ruth3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Receive message on phone that 75% of data has been used. But have unlimited text and picture messaging with 250mb a month. But basically use phone only for texting in the gta area. Don't really understand why that would be? Does anyone have an answer to that? Ruth3

6 REPLIES 6

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ruth3 wrote:

Ok i understand that. Most of the time i'm on wifi though. When the 250mb are exhausted, what happens then. Will this cut me off from texting?

Texting (including MMS messages, so sending/receiving pics and videos via text) will continue to work.

250 mb is a low threshold; as others said, it's easy to use up. What kindof phone (make/model) are you using? We might be able to help you limited data usage in the background or from specific apps. 

Moreover, you could always add a data add on. That way, if you ever run out of the 250 mb, your add on will kick in as needed. Plus, the add on carries over and doesn't expire until you use it all up. Might be a nice complement to your plan.

Ruth3

Thanks for the answers. Ruth3

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Ruth3 hi no only your data will stop

Ruth3

Ok i understand that. Most of the time i'm on wifi though. When the 250mb are exhausted, what happens then. Will this cut me off from texting?

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

First, login to your self serve page and go to the data usage history and you can see how much data you used on each day of the past month, then you can compare that to what you remember using.

Second, you can install a data manager app or something silmilar that will tell you exactly which apps are using up your data each day.

Lastly, most phones already have a data manager app, do to the settings in your phone and goto the data section and look for where it tells you which apps in your phone are using data and when and how much.

If all that still confirms that there's some error from Public Mobile, then you'll have to contact the Moderator Team via pirvate message and discuss it with them.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Ruth3 hi 250 mb can go in the blink of an eye especially if you watch any kind of video plus don't forget about apps updating in the background, facebook, utube are big killers and forget about netfix lol

Need Help? Let's chat.