cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data usage warnings?

yvinogradov
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Does PM send notifications when you are getting close to your monthly data usage limit?

Thank you!

13 REPLIES 13

@donnamjshepard wrote:

I'm supposed to get notifications when I reach 75%, 95% and 100%, but the only notifications I get is when I'm at 95%, why is that and what can I do about it to get a notification as soon as possible?  thanks

@donnamjshepard 

Are you sure this 95% message is coming from Public Mobile? Is it a text from PM?

OR is this a setting on your device? As individual phone/devices can be set up with data limiters and warnings also. Check your settings.

NOTE: Public Mobile plans are 30 days (not monthly).

@donnamjshepard 

To contact the moderators click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen at type missing data usage texts and human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

or

Send a private message...   Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@donnamjshepard 

That's unusual to only get the one. You may have to get the moderators to look into that for you. In the meantime you should set your phone's data warning and limiter and your data tracker to the correct dates. I have mine set to 25% and 50% of my plan data and I reset as needed. I'm also extra careful because I have a lot of add on data and the 75% and 95% warnings are only sent at the total data on my account so I rely solely on my phone to warn me about my usage.

If you are happy to just be warned at 75% by your phone and at 95% by pm and your data stopping will tell you when you hit 100% until the moderators can ensure you get the proper text warnings from pm. Otherwise I would set the phone warning at 50% the limiter at 75% and then you could reset at 100% knowing pm will send you one at 95% atm.

donnamjshepard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm supposed to get notifications when I reach 75%, 95% and 100%, but the only notifications I get is when I'm at 95%, why is that and what can I do about it to get a notification as soon as possible?  thanks

@Karnbot13 wrote:

@computergeek541  My step daughter had that problem with her phone. She had no data allowance but she had canadC wide calling and international texting. That only way to make it stop was to shut off the data connection and turn it on when you wanted to send an MMS message, which got annoying, very quickly. I had asked moderators to look into it and it was fixed but the fix was also around the time i upgraded her to a plan with data for the same price, so who knows if it was actually fixed. I do know that having to turn data on and off for something that is included in a plan was a little ridiculous. And yes, her APN settings were entered correctly.

Which problem are you speaking of?  Do you mean the "sign into network" message?  I am assuming that she was turning data off purely to avoid seeing that error message.  Unfortunately, that has to do with your phone manufactuer and the software that is installed.  Your phone's software checks and sees that your cellular internet connection is invalid (because of no data on the account or data ran out) and will show that message.  Unfotunately for MMS, you do need to keep the data on, and that message while I can see being annoying, can be ignored.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@yvinogradov wrote:

Does PM send notifications when you are getting close to your monthly data usage limit?

You'll see one of the two messages (ref this post), and then it stops working when you've fully consumed/exhausted the available data.

Warning Notification: 95% of data allotment has been used

Public Mobile here. You have used 95% of the data included in your service. Go to publicmobile.ca/selfserve for more options.

Warning Notification: 75% of data allotment has been used

Public Mobile here. You have used 75% of the data included in your service. Go to publicmobile.ca/selfserve for more options.

Be warned, if you ever put a data add-on onto your account and spread its use over a couple billing cycles, it could mess up the amounts/notifications indefinitely... so don't trust the SMS notifications... use them as a guideline and trust the accumulator/counter in the Overview page of your Self-Serve account.

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541  My step daughter had that problem with her phone. She had no data allowance but she had canadC wide calling and international texting. That only way to make it stop was to shut off the data connection and turn it on when you wanted to send an MMS message, which got annoying, very quickly. I had asked moderators to look into it and it was fixed but the fix was also around the time i upgraded her to a plan with data for the same price, so who knows if it was actually fixed. I do know that having to turn data on and off for something that is included in a plan was a little ridiculous. And yes, her APN settings were entered correctly.

@stonechucker wrote:

@

@Anonymous wrote:

@yvinogradov wrote:

Thank you!

I've only ever seen 75% and 95%. I'd be curious to know if a warning text goes to data only plans though. Do data only plans get the "heads up" text? Or the rewards used text?

I suspect so.

@computergeek541, the other day you used all your data right before your renewal.  Did you receive a notice of 100% usage?  I only recall the 75% an 95% being sent.

Thanks for reminding me of this @Anonymous 

@stonechucker wrote:

@

@Anonymous wrote:

@yvinogradov wrote:

Thank you!

I've only ever seen 75% and 95%. I'd be curious to know if a warning text goes to data only plans though. Do data only plans get the "heads up" text? Or the rewards used text?

I suspect so.

@computergeek541, the other day you used all your data right before your renewal.  Did you receive a notice of 100% usage?  I only recall the 75% an 95% being sent.

There was no text message about data running out.  It just stops working.  The notice is how the phone will display a message such as "sign in to Public Mobile" (or similar wording depending on the phone's software programming and version) with a quetsion mark beside it.

@

@Anonymous wrote:

@yvinogradov wrote:

Thank you!

I suspect so.

feistypanda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you have an Android, you can also set up customized data usage limits down to the MB (it's usually pretty accurate in tracking how much you use). 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yvinogradov wrote:

Thank you!

I suspect so.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@yvinogradov wrote:

Thank you!

Public Mobile will notify you via text message when you're close to using all of the data included in your rate plan.  Data notifications indicate how much of your included plan data you have used, so you know when you’re approaching your limit. The default data notifications are set at 75%, 95% and 100% consumption of your data allotments.

Find out more about data notifications on our Community!

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@yvinogradov yes, I believe they will send at least two, but maybe 3 notices.   You'll receive them via text, as long as you have the voice+data+text plan.  If you have a data only plan I don;t thin you would get any notice.  From what I remember you will receive a notice at 75%, 90%, and when you've reached your limit.  I could be wrong on exactly when but I know you'll receive at least 2 text messages.  This is based on my personal experience but this was like about a year ago.

Need Help? Let's chat.