cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data stopped working

whatsgonewell
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have a iPhone7s. Have lots of data left. WIFI works fine, but data is no longer accessible.

Have turned phone off and on.  Help!

12 REPLIES 12

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@whatsgonewell wrote:

We solved it... Thanks for the tips though...   all part of the learning process.

Yep, saw that... glad it's working for you now!  I just posted the follow-up so that anyone else reading these threads/posts in the future have some direction.

whatsgonewell

We solved it... Thanks for the tips though...   all part of the learning process.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@metropublic wrote:

Doesn't hurt to check the APN settings. The only reason I'm suggesting it is because that's what happened to my son's phone it was working fine and it suddenly stopped working so when we checked the APN settings they were switched to  Koodo APN settings and PM was missing.

Since the OP mentioned iPhone 7S, APN settings aren't really a factor (APN cannot be set on iPhones on most/all North American carriers since these are configured through the Carrier Profile); it's more likely to be something like a network profile.  See this thread for more info.

lucag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Make sure your APN setting are correct and that your data is enabled. Also make sure you are not in airplane mode.

whatsgonewell

Tried a lot of things ( was helping a non tech friend) ... but got it working when we turned on Data again. 

thanks

@NDesai wrote:

@whatsgonewell  Make sure your data is turned on. Try enabling/disabling Airplane mode. 

Ok @metropublic I didn't know that the APN settings can switch like that...Smiley Frustrated

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lieux wrote:

@metropublic wrote:

@whatsgonewell wrote:

I have a iPhone7s. Have lots of data left. WIFI works fine, but data is no longer accessible.

It's possible your APN settings are not correct. This might help:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update/m-p/1610#M41

I don't think so @metropublic because @whatsgonewell wrote that is no longer accessible.....so everything was ok before..

Doesn't hurt to check the APN settings. The only reason I'm suggesting it is because that's what happened to my son's phone it was working fine and it suddenly stopped working so when we checked the APN settings they were switched to  Koodo APN settings and PM was missing.

@metropublic wrote:

@whatsgonewell wrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update/m-p/1610#M41

I don't think so @metropublic because @whatsgonewell wrote that is no longer accessible.....so everything was ok before..

metropublic

@whatsgonewell wrote:

Sharry19

@whatsgonewell  Please make sure Mobile Data must be enabled to use Mobile data network

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Do you have your data usage on the first page of your self serve account @whatsgonewell ? If nothing is written it's because you have already used them...for to be sure you can post a screenshot here BUT WITH NO PERSONAL INFO

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@whatsgonewell  Make sure your data is turned on. Try enabling/disabling Airplane mode. 

Need Help? Let's chat.