cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data plan seems corrupted

struth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm on the $25 plan and my data plan doesn't show up properly on my account and I'm getting messages for "out of data".  Could you please take a look at my account and restore?

Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : Luddite is curating a list of known problems with workarounds somewhere around here. Not sure about quirks per se.

Edit: found it

@Anonymous 

That's an interesting quirk - I guess we just add it to the list of other interesting quirks around here, eh?

I wonder if someone should start a thread of "notable quirks"... Do you suppose there's one in the lounge somewhere?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : I suspect it's an effect of no countable features on hand. I have a glimmer of memory that suggests I've seen it before.

All in all,  @Anonymous & @struth , I think this back and forth was well served. 

Glad things were clarified for you with the Mods. 

(I'm gonna have to try logging in with Safari later to see how things look...)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@struth : Thanks for sticking with us. If we had seen a pic earlier then it would have all gone quicker. Glad it's all understood.

struth

OK so I confirmed with a moderator that indeed the data usage is over.  What caused most of the confusion is our family has several $25 plans.  One of them has a one time bonus of 5GB (don't know where that came from) but it's under the 1GB limit anyway.  So I assumed all the plans had a max of 6GB.  (don't know where the 7GB from an earlier post came from, its a typo).

You are all right, the data is over.  The overwriting is likely caused by Safari (I forgot from previous questions a year or more ago that we had to use a different browser for the public mobile website to work better.

Thanks for all your help and sorry to cause so much confusion (mostly to ourselves).

By the way we love Public Mobile, it's worked great for us.  A bit confusing getting to a moderator but I guess it purposely that way.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are no numbers. It's only a gig of data in the plan. He mentioned 7gigs earlier. I have no clue where that came from.

Edit: at least I have a better understanding of the subject line. This is what it normally says:

z10user4_0-1620866646150.png

That is unusual, @struth 

Try logging off, clearing your cache and cookies, and logging back into your self-serve.

Better yet, try an entirely different browser from a different device - does it STILL display that way under your My Data and Add-Ons section?

If I were to hazard a guess, you are likely out of data, however that section which is overwritten does make it difficult to make a certain assessment of that.

struth

Here is a screen shot of our display.

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 5.24.03 PM.png

@struth wrote:

Sorry, wasn't specific enough.  In the My Data & Add-ons area of the overview page, the space is not as usually displayed and there are multiple lines of overwriting.  Checking the usage information under Plan and Add-ons Usage History adds up to far less than 7GB for the month.  Therefore we concluded that there is something wrong with the data plan or display on our account.  Thanks for your comment.

@struth 

Can you post a pic for us --- kinda like the below part of your self-serve page?   Would like to see what you're seeing...

HALIMACS_0-1620865233146.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@struth : Well you didn't tell us that. Or post a pic for us to see. Although nor did anyone ask. But you could have asked. Hey why does this look like this? We would have suggested using a different browser etc. We could have seen what plan you were on, when you renewed, your balance, autopay on or not. Of course hopefully no personal info.

So please do let us know what comes of it from the moderators.

struth

Sorry, wasn't specific enough.  In the My Data & Add-ons area of the overview page, the space is not as usually displayed and there are multiple lines of overwriting.  Checking the usage information under Plan and Add-ons Usage History adds up to far less than 7GB for the month.  Therefore we concluded that there is something wrong with the data plan or display on our account.  Thanks for your comment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@struth : Well it seems you didn't digest all the replies here. If you do not see a data line item under your My Data & Add-ons area of your overview page then you have used it all.

struth

Thanks for the comments.  Don't know what the problem was yet, but have finally managed to get to a moderator so expect some action on the account.  The issue was not data overage, but the data plan did not even display on the account, so something was wrong at the source.

Expect the problem to be solved shortly, again thanks for the comments and help.

@Meow 

The OP doesn't need a moderator in this situation. They will only tell them what @Anonymous already did.....they are out of data.

@struth 

If you really need more data and its less than a week til renewal than consider purchasing the $15/1gb data add on. Its a one time purchase...add funds, select add on, canfirm purchase and submit payment.

If you have you are consuming more data than your plan contains on a regular basis then maybe changing to the $35/3gb or $40/5gb plan is a better option. Changing plan now will start a new 30 day cycle immediately and get your data right away but you will not be credited for the unused portion of your current plan. Or schedule a change on next renewal to finish out your current plan and upgrade to the new plan without losing out on what you paid for your current plan,

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@struth wrote:

I'm on the $25 plan and my data plan doesn't show up properly on my account and I'm getting messages for "out of data".  Could you please take a look at my account and restore?

Thanks!

PM staff does not monitor this forum. All assistance is provided by PM customers on volunteer base.

For account/data issues please contact Moderators.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 

Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@struth : If you're getting texts from 611 and you don't see a data line item under My Data & Add-ons in your self-serve account...then you're out.

Need Help? Let's chat.