cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data not working

lemoncreampuffs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I got a data plan however it has not been working. I've check the APN settings and they seem to be fine. I also put my SIM card in my brother's phone and the data doesn't seem to be working as well. I did a network reset and that didn't work as well. Can anyone help me please? I privately messaged a PM mod and they are not replying and it's really frustrating cause i got data so i can use it asap.

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous 

lol.  Thank you for catching the spelling mistake.  Updated my post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

Double check your APN settings including speeling.

Oh the irony. It burns. 🙂

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lemoncreampuffs wrote:

Hi, 

I got a data plan however it has not been working. I've check theAPNN settings and they seem to be fine. I also put mySIMM card in my brother's phone and the data doesn't seem to be working as well. I did a network reset and that didn't work as well. Can anyone help me please? I privately messaged a PM mod and they are not replying and it's really frustrating cause i got data so i can use it asap.

Thank you

You did the right things to get your data working including network reset.

Which phone are your using?

Double check your APN settings including spelling.

httpss:/apnncanadaagishann.net/enapnn/public-mobile

Login to your account. 

Is there a line showing amount of data used at the "My Data and Addonss" section of your overview?

If no, all your data may have been used.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JackQuint wrote:

Some of that might help you troubleshoot the problem (unless @hairbag1 nailed it and you don't have an underlying cell plan).

There are stand alone data plans.

But it does bring up a possibility. Does the OP mean a plan or is it an add-on?

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm assuming from the "Network Reset" comment it's an iPhone (I know it can be done with Android as well, just the reference makes me think iOS). Have you looked at this thread? https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323118#M24562%C2...

Some of that might help you troubleshoot the problem (unless @hairbag1 nailed it and you don't have an underlying cell plan).

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@lemoncreampuffs wrote:

Hi, 

I got a data plan however it has not been working. I've check the APN settings and they seem to be fine. I also put my SIM card in my brother's phone and the data doesn't seem to be working as well. I did a network reset and that didn't work as well. Can anyone help me please? I privately messaged a PM mod and they are not replying and it's really frustrating cause i got data so i can use it asap.

Thank you

Has data every been working?  Could you have used it all up?  If you take a screen shot of your account overview page (with personal info blacked out) we can take a look and see if it is showing up in your plan as well.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lemoncreampuffs wrote:

Hi, 

Thank you

What are the chances your brothers phone is not compatible too? 🙂 Check your make and model with willmyphonework.net. If you came from another provider, which one?

And of course...you turned the data mode on right.

In the meantime, try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@lemoncreampuffs wrote:

Hi, 

Thank you

So when did you sign up for a data plan ? Which plan did you opt for ? You also have a PM calling plan...correct ?

send us your APN settings on your phone as well.. we do need a lot more information...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lemoncreampuffs wrote:

Hi, 

Thank you

What is the make/model of your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.