cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data - no surprise?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Just want to confirm, Public is running on the no surprise mode for data and phone call, right?  If I used up my monthly limit of data, it stops until i buy data add-ons, right?

And similarly.. I don't have to worry about calling Long distance call if my plan not has that and if I didn't buy any add-ons?

3 REPLIES 3

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You can also buy data by dialling 611 on your phone. But you have to have a balance or a credit card to purchase it with and know your PIN number. Remember you have to have the money on your balance so you have to add it first before you can purchase the add-on same as in your account.

SMS texts are sent to notify you of 75% and 95% usage.

At 100% your data is halted. Until you buy more data or your plan renewal buys more data for you.

At PM there is no way to exceed your data provision and there is no way to be overcharged for exceeding your data provision. You can always buy data add-ons, you can force your plan to renew early (to refresh your data provision). You cannot purchase any "service passes", you are not offered any other "shock free" warnings which can be ignored. If you don't login to Self-Serve and buy more prepaid data then you get no more prepaid data.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hTideGnow Yes, you are right. Once you use up your data with plan, you will be no longer able to go to internet. Your second question is also right. If you don't buy an add-on plan on long distance, you phone won't go through.

Need Help? Let's chat.