cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could not receive any incoming calls for new account

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

New account. port number from chatr wireless. Since it doesnt have account nunber I only enter pin number. now it only can make the phone call and cant receive any incoming calls. what I can do?

13 REPLIES 13

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

at the end of the day, it mainly depends on whether there were glitches or not.

ben10nnery

True.

From working at unnamed cell carriers I've learned that some company's systems have a quicker turn around process for porting out where some take longer. One even requires an agent to finish the process!

@collin1215 @Chaos_Scorpio This is the party line: "If your port-in of a cell number has stalled more than 3 hours you will need moderator assistance."

For a landline (and Fongo), the timeframe is more like 5 business days. 👺

The private message to any moderator should include:

• your PM phone number and a description of what is happening
  • old carrier account number, exactly as shown on your bill
  • old carrier phone number
  • the name, exactly as shown on your bill
  • an Alternate Phone Number; someone else’s, not your own

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Acekiller

mine took several hours.  I did it at like 10pm and was completed when i woke up the next morning.

Actually it could be longer than 24 hours, depends on where the phone number is from and what type it is.

collin1215
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Rumors spread LOOL woops

Chaos_Scorpio

@collin1215 wrote:
 If not, wait a bit until that happens. It should complete max 2hours

False. It can take up to 24 hours. 

Who started this 2hr rumor nonsese? 

MOST take under 2 hours but some take up to 24hr; or just hang in bad port due to missing or incorrect port information. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Samianauman usually once you get the text it means the port isn't stuck.

I think @MoreYummy has the most sensible first and easy thing to try:  reboot your phone, @zmh1175.  Give that a try and get someone to try calling you.  If you still don't get the call, try popping your Chatr SIM back in.  If you're still getting service, then yes indeed the port failed and you need to contact a moderator by private message for assistance.  Please see the two links at the bottom of this reply for info on how to do so if you need to.

EDIT: sorry had tagged the wrong community member

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

It's look like your porting got stuck in process that's why you are unable to use full services send a msg to @Shazia_K with details issue and account n phone number they will look after you
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Since you received the text message about port is complete.  That means its on public mobile control now, it is probably stuck in the system. 

Try to reboot your phone to see if incoming call is working, if not only MOD can fix it. 

Please message one of the @Shazia_K

zmh1175

I did receive the message yesterday. and still no working for incoming calls

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@zmh1175, it may be worthwhile to contact chatr and see if you can get an account number from them.  Also, send a private message to a moderator so they can help you status the port and take any actions if things are stuck.  Here is how to contact a moderator.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

collin1215
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Did you receive a text that says your number has been successfully transfer? If not, wait a bit until that happens.
Need Help? Let's chat.