cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection problem

mwdawg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since I signed up with PM I've been having problems. I have never been able to use my data. Calls are dropping or the people I'm talking to can't understand me or suddenly can't hear me. This is happenning with every call

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mwdawg wrote:

I have not heard back frpm anybody about my problem. The people who hve responded have given me questions without telling me how to find the answers. Should I cancel my service with PM and try a service that has actual phone support ?

@mwdawg people here ask questions because we need more information than you originally provided in order to help point you in the right direction.  Please note that just about everyone you're interacting with in this community are fellow customers like yourself (unless you see a little "MOD" or "PM" badge by their name).  

If you're not sure how to find your phone's model number (which is probably the main thing we need to know first in order to try to help), please see here:  https://www.mobilefun.co.uk/blog/guides/finding-out-the-model-number-of-your-phone/.  If that doens't work, try searching google for "how to find my phone's model number" like I did to find that link.  There are others.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@mwdawgIf you need more hand holding than Public Mobile can provide, do move up a tier to Virgin, Fido or Koodo. If you stick with the lowest tier.. eg Chatr charges $5 / support call.

If you take out your autopay method, your account will be closed in 90 days. You can also port out your number by signing up with another provider, just provider your name, account # on selfserve to the other provider, doing that will close your account when the porting is done.

mwdawg

I have not heard back frpm anybody about my problem. The people who hve responded have given me questions without telling me how to find the answers. Should I cancel my service with PM and try a service that has actual phone support ?

@mwdawg wrote:

Since I signed up with PM I've been having problems. I have never been able to use my data. Calls are dropping or the people I'm talking to can't understand me or suddenly can't hear me. This is happenning with every call

If this is happening for every phone call, the next step would usually be to try your sim card in a different compatible device and then to compare phone call results.  As for data not working, that's likely an APN setting issue.

@GinYVR wrote:

@mwdawgDo you happen to use a phone that is designed for international use ie only have either Band 2 or 5 UMTS? and limited LTE bands? If so, it might explain why your voice is broken and data doesn't work.

@mwdawg 's phone must have at least one of UMTS band 2 or 5 because calls have been made. I know that there have been dropped calls, but limited LTE bands would have nothing to do with that. Public Mobile does not use LTE at all for phone calls.  Possibly missing one of UMTS band 2 or 5 could explain weak signal that could result in dropped or poor quality calls.

What is the make and model of your cell phone. Is it for use in North America or did you get it somwehere else ?

mwdawg

When I   turn my Data on it says " Disconnected because service is unavailable "

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@mwdawgDo you happen to use a phone that is designed for international use ie only have either Band 2 or 5 UMTS? and limited LTE bands? If so, it might explain why your voice is broken and data doesn't work.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mwdawg wrote:

1.  Which phone are you using?

If you have a LG phone, you need to do network reset on your phone after changing provider before your data working again.

2.  Always enable data and restart your phone after changing provider.

3.  You account may not be provisioned correctly.  Add $1 to your account to trigger PM to run the provisioning software again.

4.  You may create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.  Moderator wait time is up to 2 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.