cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant call 647 number

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have province plan and when I tried to call 647 number it says I dont have long distance to make this phone call. when I used my friend's chatr local plan only number called it and it went through. I have tried 3 difference PM province plan number and all failed. please help.

btw the number i try to call is 647-243-87XX

10 REPLIES 10

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @zmh1175 - Could you please send an email using Contact Us link including all pertaining details?

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @zmh1175 - Could you please send an email using Contact Us link including all pertaining details?

zmh1175

Only happens to PM phone. roger and chatr work well. because you have canada wide plan that is why you can call through.

OK. Then, given that your friend can call it and you all can call everywhere else, my conclusion is that the number you are calling has put a block on your numbers. Could be accidental, or on purpose. The call was completed when I just dialed it from Ottawa.

Please REMOVE that phone number from your post. This is a forum open to the public, and is regularly scanned by search engines.

I doubt this is a PM network issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

zmh1175

@Luddite wrote:

I'm still confused by a couple of items. 

- Has calling ever worked? If so, have you confirmed that all accounts a paid up and active in the 3 self serve accounts?

- Do all phones have an Ontario area code?

All my 3 accounts are 647 area code. and they are all working fine if I call other numbers. I just cant use all the accounts to call 647-243-8778. it says I dont have long distance addon to make the phone call for  ALL MY 3 ACCOUNTS and never work even one time. The point is my friend's chatr account can call this number without any problem.

I'm still confused by a couple of items. 

- Has calling ever worked? If so, have you confirmed that all accounts a paid up and active in the 3 self serve accounts?

- Do all phones have an Ontario area code?

zmh1175

@Luddite wrote:

Ignore the message and let the call go through. What happens?

well it will hang up automatic

Ignore the message and let the call go through. What happens?

zmh1175

@Luddite wrote:

OK thanks for starting anew.

Some questions:

- when did you start your PM account?

- when you log onto your self serve account what plan is indicated, and is the Status active?

- after hearing the message did you wait and see if the call went through? If it does, there will be no charge?

- have you tried rebooting the phone?

- what make/model phone do you have? Is it unlocked?

I have 3 PM province plan in my familly. the phones are note 3 ,s4 and iphone 4s. when I call this number it says I dont have long distance addon to make the phone call for all the 3 accounts. But my friend's chatr account only local service and it can make the phone call to this number.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

OK thanks for starting anew.

Some questions:

- when did you start your PM account?

- when you log onto your self serve account what plan is indicated, and is the Status active?

- after hearing the message did you wait and see if the call went through? If it does, there will be no charge?

- have you tried rebooting the phone?

- what make/model phone do you have? Is it unlocked?

Need Help? Let's chat.