cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot make/receive calls/txt/emails

charlestjohnson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Moderator_Team

So all of a sudden this morning after I made a call to a company, I could no longer make or receive calls...  it just says call failed.

data doesnt work

sms doesnt work

calling in or out does not work

I have an iphone6 unlocked, which has worked fine for the last 2 years...

I have rebooted my phone, reset network settings, removed and reinserted my sim... nothing seems to work

My account has funds on it and its not due to renew until the end of december...  and I have 5GB of my 6GB data left...

a phone that doesnt call/receive txt/calls/emails is a useless thing.   and now I have to cross my fingers and HOPE some support staff will resolve this issue quickly.... (based on recent topics posted by other customers.... this does not seem likely)

Public mobile, seems to have the worst customer support of any phone company ive dealt with...  I am tech guy and figuring out how to even post this was long process...   I really hope, I am wrong and some kind customer support staff will fix my issue FAST....

fingers crossed...

9 REPLIES 9

OhCanadaMan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After reading the message I realized that I had added the phone number extension to the phone number, so after removing the ext the number dialed properly and connected. But the Public Mobile message indicated that I did not have voice included in my plan. Their software does not make a distinction between an invalid number and not having voice included in the plan.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Glad to hear that everything is working out now @charlestjohnson

There was another post on the forums not long ago about a few people experiencing network error messages everytime they tried to make a call. Some message like all circuits were busy. The outage was resolved without any apparent intervention from the moderators it would seem also.

Check it out here if you are interested.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/All-Circuits-are-busy-message/m-p/289025#...

Let's assume the best, eh; i.e. for today moderator response time is 4 hours! 🌈

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

charlestjohnson

and go figure... as soon as i make this post my phone starts working again for the first time since 9:56AM EST

so a 4hr down time, for some unknown reason.... no explanation as to why it happened or why its working now... 

I really hope it continues to work.

Thanks again to everyone who responded to this post

charlestjohnson

Thank you all for your fast responses, I will checkout these solutions and hopefully one will work 😉

also, before I made this post, I did send a PM to the mod team....   I dont suppose there are other staff members I should contact?

If I cannot resolve this issue ASAP I will have to swtich providers...

I always tell people that envy my CHEAP phone plan, sure its cheap... and for the most part it works well... but if you need to contact customer support for any reason what so ever, USE ANOTHER PROVIDER...

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Totally agree with your sentiments. Robot Sad headbang.gif

Tagging the moderators is theoretically as effective in attracting their attention as private messaging. However, a private message may save you one cycle of backand forth, So I suggest you click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue along with your phone number and 4 digit PIN. If you’ve forgotten the PIN, provide any 3 of the following in your message: complete mailing address, email address, alternate phone number,  last top up date & amount. I also recommend your subject line read something like "SERVICE DOWN - ACCOUNT PAID UP".

For now, an application like that from fongo.com provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations. I also use the suggestion in my last post: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Need-super-cheap-emergency-plan/m-p/28965....

Hang in there. Oh s..., there is no other choice.

iur.jpeg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

By any chance you have another phone that you can insert your SIM card in to test it out it's a phone issue? I doubt it's a phone issue, but worthwhile looking into and taking out extra steps out of the picture!

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need send a private message >> Click here 

In your message put it, please include.

- your Name 

- your account number ,if you have it 

- your phone number 

- your account, 4 digit PIN

- date of birth 

- Detailed explanation of specific your issue 

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Waiting for Response, Community Moderators are available from:

Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)
During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 72 hours of receiving the message.
And be patient please

Good Luck
Need Help? Let's chat.