cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot call a number that is "blocked for security reasons"

AAP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to call an insurance company in England to make a claim.  I have paid for the "add on" to do this, and I'm using the correct prefix to exit Canada and reach England.  Calls to another English number are working, but for this one, I receive a message that the number is blocked for security reasons.  Looking at other posts, it appears to be to prevent spam calls.  I believe this is an error in this case, and I would like to get the number unblocked.

12 REPLIES 12

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech 

Its like posting a toll free number as 1-800-XXX-XXXX.

Cheers

@pkaraa , oh  i see.. but we usually don't put 1-604 when posting our phone number.

anyway.. good to know  

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech 

in UK "0" is being used as "1" here in Canada and US.

oh yes.. UK and the leading 0 in the phone number!! now i remember i had that experience and confusion before, too

can anyone tell me why UK has to put the 0 in the front to confuse us? like we won't tell others our area code is 0604 or 0416 

AAP

Yes, thanks, dropping the "0" worked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh of course! dabr got it. Drop the zero in front of the 800. I tried the other numbers and got the warning.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@AAP wrote:

thanks softech Mayor/Maire.  I did  get the 1000 UK LD Add On, and it is working for other numbers.  The number is 0800 008 6060.  As I'm in Canada I'm dialing 011 44 as a prefix.  There is no indication that it is toll free.

@AAP    Is it SunLife you're trying to reach?  Then try the number supplied by @Anonymous  as that's whats noted on their website for international calls.

Edit:  BTW I would omit any 0 in front of the 800 number when making calls to the UK, same as when trying to call other numbers there and the 0 is omitted from the area code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AAP 

visit Here , the have a lot of Customer service toll free number,

or you looking for England sun life customer service number

Phone: +44 800 904 7674

or Here 

AAP

I have tried about six different number for various departments of the company - Sun Life Insurance, and they are all blocked.  I believe that what is required, based on other posts, is to have someone at TELUS unblock the number.

AAP

thanks softech Mayor/Maire.  I did  get the 1000 UK LD Add On, and it is working for other numbers.  The number is 0800 008 6060.  As I'm in Canada I'm dialing 011 44 as a prefix.  There is no indication that it is toll free.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AAP   Did you get the the 1000 UK LD Addon or the 300 International?   Make sure you got the 1000 UK LD Addon

Also, what UK number are you calling?  are you calling those Toll free UK number?  If so, it might not work.  

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can you google to see if there is a different number to call? Can you email them for another number?

Need Help? Let's chat.