cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot access voicemail service since I got my plan several months ago

TheWrablin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I attempt to call my voicemail I get a message that says, "sorry your call cannot be completed since you've used all your available minutes, to purchase more minutes dial...."

This has been ongoing since I got the plan, it doesn't matter when I try to access it, and I have only once every actually used up my minutes; I even hae the 500 extra minutes add-on that I have not used at all.

I am wondering if this is something anybody else has encountered or perhaps has a solution to, I have tried resetting the password on my account and calling the voicemail a million times.

I have the $40 unlimited canada-wide talk plan.  Any help from a human would be sincerely appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@TheWrablin For completeness of this thread, here is a link to all of the currently known local voicemail access numbers across Canada:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheWrablin : Right. The pressing and holding 1 and getting to voicemail is what uses that number (or any one of many). You need to set it in your dialer.

TheWrablin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thats fantastic thank you, I could not find anything on the website over the last week that provided that number and dialing/holding 1 or my own number just provided me with that out of minutes message.  It works great now, first time I've been able to use my voicemail in 6 months XD.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@TheWrablin wrote:

When I attempt to call my voicemail I get a message that says, "sorry your call cannot be completed since you've used all your available minutes, to purchase more minutes dial...."

This has been ongoing since I got the plan, it doesn't matter when I try to access it, and I have only once every actually used up my minutes; I even hae the 500 extra minutes add-on that I have not used at all.

I am wondering if this is something anybody else has encountered or perhaps has a solution to, I have tried resetting the password on my account and calling the voicemail a million times.

I have the $40 unlimited canada-wide talk plan.  Any help from a human would be sincerely appreciated.

Hello @TheWrablin 

What happens when you hold down the "1" on your dialer?

Set up your voicemail instructions here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

Voice mail features:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?category=phones&subcategory=voicemail-features

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheWrablin : What happens when you dial 17785804001? Resetting the voicemail password in the self-serve will make it your 10 digit number. You probably need to set your voicemail access number to something like the 778 number or one of many across the country.

Need Help? Let's chat.