cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancellation

willsox1961
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to cancel my account, but it won't let me in.  I have switched to another service provider and have transferred the cell # with Public over , so does this automatically deactivate my account?  Is this the reason I can't get in?

10 REPLIES 10

@Chanpeng41 

Did you activate your SIM? There are no refunds with public mobile. If you have a plan just enjoy it for the next 30 days or as @kb_mv suggested sell it for give it away to someone in need. If you registered your email for the promotion you will have 60 days of service.

@Chanpeng41 

So you just got your sim today, activated it, paid for a plan and now you want to cancel it? Follow @gpixel  advice; or

So you just got your sim today and decided not to use it? You never activated the sim card. Nothing to cancel if you didn't activate it. Sell it or give it away to someone in this case.

@Chanpeng41 just remove auto-pay and put your sim in lost/stolen mode and your account will deactivate after 30 days and deleted from the system after 90 days

Chanpeng41
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my name is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just got my sim card today and decided to cancel it so Please help me cancel my account and service. I am not using it. 

my number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks 

edited by computergeek541: removed customer information

@gpixel wrote:

@willsox1961 yes the account will automatically cancel when the port is completed. yes that's probably why you can't login. call 611 to remove your credit card just in case of ghost charges in the future.

@willsox1961  Once you port out you account will close. Selfserve or 611 will not be available. Just check your credit card statement to make sure no charges from Public Mobile show up.

If a charge appears then submit a ticket to PM. To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@willsox1961 yes the account will automatically cancel when the port is completed. yes that's probably why you can't login. call 611 to remove your credit card just in case of ghost charges in the future.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You are right your account is cancelled.

You wouldn't be charged, bit system does make mistakes, if you by mistake get charged again contact moderators. It's very rare though.

Sorry to see you leave

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can also take auto pay off to ensure you won’t be changed again. Just a heads up that being prepaid means no refund for any services not used. Bye

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Once you port your number out your account is closed.

Need Help? Let's chat.