cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't send picture messages

stephjbauman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had this issue since I started with public mobile and I have tried all the different suggestions. Still nothing. I have sent requests to get assistance and never heard back. Not sure how to fix this but it only happened when I switched to this carrier from my other carrier. Any help would be appreciated

Edit: post moved by NDesai

23 REPLIES 23

I was searching online and someone resolve the issue (also on Samsung phones) by getting a new SIM..not sure if you want to go that route yet

I guess at least do this, take the SIM out, wipe it clean, wait a min and try again..

A_01

oh okay, thanks. then i don't know what the issue is with it lol it's fine though. i really just need it for phone calls whenever, so i'll just deal with the other glitches since they don't affect too much.

A_01

yeah. i'm wondering if that's part of the issue. it's an SM-A530W. i don't believe it's one that shows as compatible. i just got it two years ago, and it works fine, so it's stupid that i'd have to get a new phone just to use the service.

@A_01   Which exact A8 model is yours?  There are couple different model and one of them does not have too many bands used for PM

A_01

pretty sure not. actually...i have no idea. google says yes, but i have no clue lol 

@A_01  is your phone a dual SIM phone?

A_01

i have a samsung galaxy A8.

i was out of the house when i tried to use data, which did work at a different time/day, and then had to restart my phone for it to kick on that day. i haven't tried recently to see if that has fixed itself when out of the house or not. i don't remember if i tried airplane mode or not, but i would assume i did.

i was having also calls cutting out since i started with PM in february when using LTE so changed to 3G which i think has helped that. at least, i haven't heard complaints about that anymore.

@A_01  What phone model are you using?

did you follow the suggestion above and confirm your APN settings?

For the reboot when you go out the house, did you try to turn on Airplane mode and then turn off instead of a reboot?

A_01

i'm having the same issue. people can send me picture texts, and everything else works fine, except that. i also encountered an issue where i had to restart my phone when out of the house/not using wifi for data to even kick on.

it's super frustrating when i have all the correct settings and never had issues like these with my prior provider.

dayteker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I have using a Umidigi phone and this worked for me

Thanks for the help

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stephjbauman wrote:

Should I be changing something?!

An alternative is to try:

MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS Port: 8799

What do you have for the bottom MVNO values?

I have:

GID

4D

Make sure you don't have any leading or trailing spaces anywhere.

@Dannielle wrote:

are you by chance out of data? When I run out of data I cannot send or receive picture messages even when connected to my internet at home 

Picture messages sent through the MMS protocol do not require the customer to have data remaining on the account. The customer could even have a older plan that doesn't have data and MMS woulld still work.

Dannielle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

are you by chance out of data? When I run out of data I cannot send or receive picture messages even when connected to my internet at home 

@stephjbauman wrote:

Screenshot_20210228-194024.png

Screenshot_20210228-194036.png

At a quick glance, the settings look correct to me. To eliminate any possible issue on the other person's phone or at the other carrier involved (if it's going to someone using a different carrier), try sending an MMS message to yourself.

stephjbauman

Screenshot_20210228-194024.png

Screenshot_20210228-194036.png

@stephjbauman 

Maybe screenshot your APN settings on your phone.  Might be something that might be missing, etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stephjbauman : Is this possibly dual-SIM with two accounts running? It kinda sounds like Android. What phone make/model/submodel and OS version?

stephjbauman

Sorry. I am using a Umidigi phone. I didn't mention that

stephjbauman

The first thing I tried was the APN settings. If anyone has a suggestion if something else I change in the APN settings, please let me know!

stephjbauman

I have no other phone issues, other than picture text. I have checked my set up for public mobile to ensure everything is right. I have reset cashe etc. I have ensured that my sms settings are on. I have ensured that my data is on, that I am able to run background data. Everything I could think of or Google. Nothing seems to work. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@stephjbauman 

What have you tried so far?  Is other aspects of your phone working?  data, talk and SMS texts? 

Data needs to be turned on (even though MMS messages do not count against data usage).  

Maybe try network reset of phone (if not tried so far)

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@stephjbauman What phone are you using? Have you tried changing APN settings? 
APN Settings Canada (gishan.net)

Need Help? Let's chat.