cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sirius
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: can't received text messages

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

Trying the sim card in another phone would tell you if there's an issue with your phone. Check to see that your phone isn't blocking certain texts.

already done as stated before , doing full reset right now.  system apps permissions were revised to no avail. all apps permissions were revised ..keep you posted after reset and fresh install

flager
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

Just wondering if your APN info is set correctly as this can cause you to have issues like not being able to send/receive text or picture message (mms). As I had an issue  similar to what you describe here. I was sent out 2 separate messages from the Moderator_team had to upload them to my phone and my issue (I could not send mms) was resolved. 

flager

Sirius

full reset fixed it  Smiley Very Happy   

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sirius wrote:

@Sirius  Glad to hear you got it working. If factory reset fixed it it means that your phone's settings were not configured correctly.

flager
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's great! Glad your issue is resolved. I know at first as a new customer with PM, I was a bit frustrated using the community, but once you know your way around in here it's all good. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Sirius wrote:

Glad you got things fixed. I see you've assigned the "Solution" to yourself. You should reconsider and assign Solution to whomever first suggested a reset. Click the 3 dots on right upper side of that dialogue box and you can edit your message and reassign the Solution. The person who provided the suggestion would probably be grateful and glad you got the phone working/.

Sirius

@geopublic wrote:

@Sirius wrote:

@Sirius  Glad to hear you got it working. If factory reset fixed it it means that your phone's settings were not configured correctly.

after trying a few phone apps it might of gotten messed up

Sirius

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Sirius wrote:

Glad you got things fixed. I see you've assigned the "Solution" to yourself. You should reconsider and assign Solution to whomever first suggested a reset. Click the 3 dots on right upper side of that dialogue box and you can edit your message and reassign the Solution. The person who provided the suggestion would probably be grateful and glad you got the phone working/.

sure did a while back,  thanks guys

@flager wrote:

Hi, 

Just wondering if your APN info is set correctly as this can cause you to have issues like not being able to send/receive text or picture message (mms). As I had an issue  similar to what you describe here. I was sent out 2 separate messages from the Moderator_team had to upload them to my phone and my issue (I could not send mms) was resolved. 

flager

Yes, APN settings need to be set corrrectly for MMS. 

However, text messaging issues cannot be solved by doing anything with APN settings. APN settings are not needed nor used for text messaging.

Need Help? Let's chat.