cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't receive texts

gj1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

when I'm away from the house, I can send texts but can't receive them. people who send text says "it was delivered."  

4 REPLIES 4

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

try removing and reinstalling the sim card. Sometimes that trick works too. Good luck.

@gj1  Sounds like you may have two problems.

1st - What kind of phone do you have? Android or iPhone?

2nd - Does your internet work?

3rd - Does MMS (picture) message work?

If you're on an iPhone. I am thinking a few things.

You're using iMessage instead of text. And iMessage needs wifi or data to work. So you leave the house and now the phone needs data to use iMessage. Either at this point you don't have data turned on, you used up all your data or internet has never worked.

Turn the proper sending on in your iPhone to send SMS / MMS the traditional away through the text system.

IMG_20201102_192347.png

If you're using an Android phone then sounds like you're using RCS (like iMessage) and not the traditional text system. 

If it's not working when you leave the house then it's likely the same issues. Either you have data turned off, or internet has never worked or all data has been used up.

To use RCS you need wifi or data so you need proper APN settings on an android for internet to work. Add either of the below to see if internet works if internet has never worked (and it's not that you have it turned off)

Screenshot_20200617_075827.jpg

Screenshot_20201022_040752.jpg

Remember though. If you use iMessage or RCS that needs wifi or data and will use your data when you leave your house as it is not like that standard text system.

So I suggest you make your settings right on your phone to use the standard text system and also get your internet working if it's not working.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @gj1 ,

Are your Chat Features on OR does the receiver have their Chat Features on? If either of your do not have your data enabled, and you are not in wifi this can disrupt sending/receiving texts.

Make sure you and the sender has this feature OFF:

1. On your device, open Messages .
  2. At the top right, tap More. Settings.
  3. Tap Chat features.
  4. Toggle "Enable chat features" on or off.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@gj1 What phone do you have? Do you have iMessage or RCS currently enabled? How do sender know texts were sent?

Need Help? Let's chat.