cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can only receive texts/calls

krishpuri
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can only make outgoing calls texts.  Cannot receive texts and calls are going to voicemail 

17 REPLIES 17

Doomsday

If you have tried everything listed on this page, you should contact a moderator:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Good luck

@krishpuri  I think you need to have Mod to check your account.  Either it wasn't setup properly, or not ported successfully.

Please open ticket with mod as advised above.

Let us know how it goes

krishpuri

It is just a standard account I went online and paid already 

@krishpuri 

Was your account prepaid? Or post paid? Did you cancel ? Or just not pay?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@krishpuri wrote:

I can only make outgoing calls texts.  Cannot receive texts and calls are going to voicemail 

@krishpuri  are you an Apple user.

Try....Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

Anonymous
Not applicable

if is still have same issue you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

krishpuri

@darlicious no its not

@krishpuri 

Is your old account still active?

@krishpuri wrote:

@softech ive been a customer since last week or so.  I havent been able to receive anything for almost 2 weeks 

@krishpuri   you EVER able to receive incoming calls since activation?  Did you port your number from another provider.

If you have request porting your number, maybe it's a porting issue, maybe port not completed.

@krishpuri 

Did you just port your number in? If so put your old sim card back in your phone and see if you are still within the 90 minute window to respond YES to the porting authorization text from your old provider.

If you missed the 90 minute window.....and you were with telus or koodo postpaid they will continue to send  you up to 5 more texts.

If you were with pc mobile or koodo prepaid you must contact the moderators to complete your number transfer.

If you were with any other provider you must reintiate your port request by either contacting the moderators or calling the telus porting department with your old providers account number. I can private message the number to you if you prefer to that yourself.

krishpuri

@softech ive been a customer since last week or so.  I havent been able to receive anything for almost 2 weeks 

krishpuri

Ive tried everything that has been posted in these forums many times (sim card, switching to 3g, etc.) 

Seems a lot of ppl have this issue. 

I submitted a private message 

Shameful service from PC. I need to be able to receive calls 

Thanks

@krishpuri  you are not new customer just setup today or yesterday, right?  

Incoming calls has been working and just stopped working today? 

Another thing to try, try reseat your SIM (power down and then take the SIM out for a min, put everything back and power up again)

If still fail,  maybe open a ticket with Mod first while we try to help

(After you open a ticket with mod, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Mod will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@krishpuri 

Unless of course you just ported in your number. That would be a different issue. 

If you are unsure how to switch your phone to 3G only here's how....

Screenshot_20210612-115408~2.pngScreenshot_20210612-115536~2.pngScreenshot_20210612-115641~2.png

krishpuri

I am in Hamilton, ON.  

I switched it to 3G only, that did not solve the issue.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you do try reseat the SIM card

1.power off your device

2.take out the SIM card,

3.wipe it clean,

4.put it back and power on,

5.toggling airplane mode off/on,  

it happened sometime you know, A normal reboot without reset, didn't work. At least try it,

only work after reseating the SIM card.

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit HERE 

or HERE 

for android visit HERE ,

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on.

Good Luck

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@krishpuri   Which area/province you are at? 

there seems to be an issue with PM now and some users cannot receive incoming calls

Try to change your network type to 3G only instead of Automatic.  There has been words that this will resolve the issue for now.   If it works, you can keep it like this until PM fixes the issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.