cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not receive a third party's call or sound alert while talking to another person

htctoronto
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello,everyone

my plan includes unlimited provincial talk and call display

I have some issues a few months ago and I asked the customer service but I got the wrong answer.

one of the main issue is,I don't know what we call it ,but I can describe here

when I am talking to A,for example,if any others call me,no matter who,B,or C,D,I won't be able to know if there is someone just called me,and of course I don't know who just called me.

the customer responsed me with the wrong answer,they were saying something like "call waiting",they said that this is my phone feature,it has nothing to do with wireless service,but I think this is not about CALL WAITING,it has nothing to do with my phone.

I have tested that over and over,the result is the same.

I tried to call A, while we are talking on the phone,I use another person's phone to call my number,and my phone does not response,no any sound alert.i used different phone with the same public mobile SIM card, it's just nothing different. but I use FIDO's SIM to do the same test, when the THIRD PARTY calls me,I can hear the alert sound telling me that somebody is just calling me,I have option either to end the current call and answer the other call or just keep the current call.

this is the difference. this has nothing to do with PHONES.

if anyone knows how,please tell me how to resolve ,thank you so much! 

I don't mind paying extra monthly fee if this feature can be available.but there is no such add-on I can do

10 REPLIES 10

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuk,

I agree with everything in your post.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@htctoronto, Not sure who is training (or even if they are being trained at all) these public mobile reps that respond to emails. They are regularly known to provide false information. But I am glad I was able to Provide you with the correct info.

Martin
Legend
Legend
You're welcome!

htctoronto

and thanks Martin

Martin
Legend
Legend
GREAT!

htctoronto

thank you PM customer support

i got the answer now.

htctoronto

thank you for your helpful infomation, your infomation is much helpful than the reply from one of PM customer support,here is what I received:

Hello,

Welcome to Public Mobile, we appreciate the time you’ve taken to fill out the web form. I have read your concern and would be delighted to assist you in any way I can. Also, I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing such issues with your service. However, I’ve reviewed your account… I could not locate any issue with the service. It is possible that the problem is with your handset none the less. If by any chance it’s with the SiM Card, then you may have to get a new SiM and confirm.

In any case, another option is the location, could have something to do with the connection in your location. You could try going to a different area on your free time and try using your service without issue, or swap sims to verify.

Best regards,

-----yes,this is a $19 plan,it's for one family member. the customer support told me that it could be the problem of my handset,so this is incorrect. I really don't know this feature can be turned on and off,i have used many phones,but I never know this. anyway the fact is my plan does not include this feature, nothing to do with the phone.i don't mind paying extra $3-5 each month for this feature to be enable ,including voice mail. the thing is they don't have this add-on anymore.

you know what,the big issue is the customer support could not give exactly correct answer,they still think my plan does include this feature,if I don't come here for help,I would never get a correct answer.

so thank you for some friendly people here

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @htctoronto - As explained by @chukdefatey, the $19 Pioneer plan includes only provincial calling and call display. This feature is not included in that plan along with other calling features like Voicemail, Call forwarding and 3-way calling.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@htctoronto, What you are referring to is called Call Waiting, it has a feature that can be turned off and on in your phone but in order for you to be able to turn it off or on you must have it in your plan. Almost all plans on all Providers have this feature enabled for Free but there have been plans over the years that do not include it. Your $19 old Provincial calling plan from what I recall didn't have it (but I could be wrong because it's been a while) & at the time when this plan was in market I believe there was a $3 add on that included 3 features & one of the features was Call Waiting. This add on is no longer available.

So once again this is called 'Call waiting' & can be controlled by your phone settings if its included in your Rate Plan or as an add on

Seb
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@htctoronto, you can only have a second call. I don't think PM allow a third call.

Need Help? Let's chat.