cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not call out on my phone

brandi2007
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i just got this phone and plan on nov 11 2020 and it is the $15 plan but it is now saying I don't have long distance to call, i'm not even calling long distance. I am calling local numbers and it will not let me. I can text and receive calls but not make them. Please help

4 REPLIES 4

@brandi2007 

If you try everyones suggestions and you do have calling minutes available to you this is an issue that creeps up occasionally......

1.  Give it an hour and try again. Call a phone # you regularily call (like mom or your chid.)
  2. Log into your account. Report your phone lost/stolen. Log out. Wait 1 min. Log in. Report found. Log out. Reboot phone. Try calling again.
  3. Give it one more hour and try calling again. This issue usually resolves itself if not then contact the moderators to reprovision your account.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Well first. If you let that message finish playing it will likely connect the call.

To avoid that message add a 1 infront of the number you're calling.

Second. If still not working. Log into your account and scroll down to my data and add-ons. The $15 plan you get 100 outgoing minutes per 30 days. PM bills by minute and not seconds.

If nothing displaying in this section of how many minutes you have left that means you used up all your outgoing minutes. Remember even calling voicemail cost minutes.

If this is the case to fix it. You need to buy a Addin. For $5 you can get 500 Canada wide minutes that will roll over every 30 days until all used up.

Two steps to buy an add-on.

1 add $5 to your account.

2 click purchase add-ons and buy the add-on.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@brandi2007 wrote:

i just got this phone and plan on nov 11 2020 and it is the $15 plan but it is now saying I don't have long distance to call, i'm not even calling long distance. I am calling local numbers and it will not let me. I can text and receive calls but not make them. Please help

@brandi2007   It's more than possible you've used up your 100 outgoing mins and now need to purchase the $5/500 mins to make calls before your renewal resets everything in your plan.  The 500 mins doesn't expire and will only be used when you're out of plan mins.  Remaining mins will keep rolling over until completely used.  It's also great value and good insurance for the $15 or $10 plans.

Edit:  BTW for add-on purchases make sure to add funds first and then purchase your add-on as it's a two step process.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@brandi2007 wrote:

Can you try putting a 1 in front of the number. 

Are you out of your 100 outgoing minutes. Log into self service to check. If you do not see a line like this then you are out of minutes. You can purchase a 500 minute add on for $5 that rolls over each cycle until consumed.

minutesd.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.