cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i send a group text with someone with an android in the group?

Lana4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

can I send a group text with someone with an android in the group? I have an iphone 7 and everything is updated. It keeps on saying it isn't delivered. Group messaging is turned on

6 REPLIES 6

@Lana4If you are sending Group Messages via Messages on iOS you can follow the instructions here https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202724#send

Also make sure you have MMS and SMS fall backs enabled. Just remember green bubbles mean the messages are not encrypted (to ensure compatiblity with SMS/MMS).

Also make sure Enable SMS and MMS in iOS MessagesEnable SMS and MMS in iOS Messages

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@Lana4 wrote:

can I send a group text with someone with an android in the group? I have an iphone 7 and everything is updated. It keeps on saying it isn't delivered. Group messaging is turned on

Don't think this is a service issue on PM's end. Sending an iMessage won't work if someone has an Android phone. You'll have to hold your finger on the message bubble and tap "Send as text message." If you're on cellular data (not on wifi), your iMessage will use data, but a normal SMS message will not.

Lana4

ok great thanks!

Lana4

will this use my data?

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Lana4 hi an sms text or mms with picture messaging will not use your data Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.