cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can a moderator please help port my number from koodo to PM?

roniebanerjee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi

my sim card is activated with a temporary number and i have money on my PM account; i want to port my existing koodo number, and get on the "freedom" plan ($40/month). can a moderator please help me with this?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

sonya

Hello @Mary_M, Im having issues with porting my number as well please help!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Please continue discussing it with Simon, he'll be able to assist ! @roniebanerjee

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

roniebanerjee

i am going to go with the 40 bucks 2 GB data plan then, unless that too is specific to a provider?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @roniebanerjee,

thank you for reaching out to us and for your patience!

I can see confirm that my colleague Simon has received your message and will look into it asap. Keep an eye out for his reply 🙂

Respectfully,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@lammer03 wrote:

Oh then yea, if your trying to get onto the Public mobile 120/12gb 3 months plan you have to be an existing Freedom mobile customer, just go to your local mall, or freedom mobile store get a sim card get the cheapest plan which I heard from people is around $25 (NOT including the fee for sim card) and then use the freedom mobile account and port over to the public mobile. Then once you have the plan, in your account on the right hand side their should be "change number" just port over your koodo number and you should be able to use the PM plan with your main cell number if thats what your wondering. Hope this helps and you can get the PM plan in time, goodluck!

Note: @Luddite please correct me if I was wrong and eleaborate, thank you. Your more of a bigger expert than I am.

Correct, but OP already activated on PM with a temporary number. @roniebanerjee What you can do now is that get a cheapest FM plan with a new number as @lammer03 suggested. You can port the FM number to your existing PM account before June 30th. Then send a private message to the mod and they will grant you the promo plan if everything else you followed is correct. However, since you activated PM sim on a new number, you are allowed to port-in/change only one number per 30 days. When you port in FM number to get the promo plan, you will not be able to request another port-in from koodo for 30 days. So, you will have to keep your koodo account active and port out to PM after 30 days. Lots of patient and cost involved, but if you think cost is not a problem, going on a route suggested above will cost you even more as you will be activating another PM account.  

If this is hard to understand, let us know and i hope we can clear this up for you.

lammer03
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Oh then yea, if your trying to get onto the Public mobile 120/12gb 3 months plan you have to be an existing Freedom mobile customer, just go to your local mall, or freedom mobile store get a sim card get the cheapest plan which I heard from people is around $25 (NOT including the fee for sim card) and then use the freedom mobile account and port over to the public mobile. Then once you have the plan, in your account on the right hand side their should be "change number" just port over your koodo number and you should be able to use the PM plan with your main cell number if thats what your wondering. Hope this helps and you can get the PM plan in time, goodluck!

Note: @Luddite please correct me if I was wrong and eleaborate, thank you. Your more of a bigger expert than I am.

roniebanerjee

OMG i didn't realize freedom mobile in this context meant Wind; i thought it was the name of the plan!

lammer03
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can try to private message the mods, but I am not too sure if you can switch from koodo to PM directly and get the plan, I think its only valid for FM customers. What you can do start an account with FM port over to PM and then port your Koodo number to PM after you activated the plan and account 

P.S Nevermind, ignore this message you want to go into FM instead of going my bad, comprehend it the wrong way

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Here's how to contact mod
Contact any moderator by private message to help you with the process.
In your private message the following info
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation

Here is the link for how to contact moderators http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updiated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

What you do click on link the webpage will open. You will see a mod team click on any name then scroll down all the way and click on send a private msg then explain your problem
Thanks"
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.