Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bye bye

kris8646
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

bye

34 REPLIES 34

@kris8646, as it appears you've run out of incoming minutes, you can add the $8 or $15 LD add-ons to make available more incoming and outgoing calls.

This is a feature that ONLY is doable on the $10 plan.

@kris8646, the rates are great here but this plan is really for emergencies and not a daily use phone.  Sorry if this doesn't work out for you.  So I guess you have used all of your minutes and that is why you missed a call?  Sorry to hear that and good luck on the job hunt

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kris8646 I'm curious, where on https://www.publicmobile.ca/plans/10for50talk50text does it give you the impression the plan includes unlimited incoming calls? 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kris8646

@ShawnC13   thanks shawn. i thought the rates are great here so moved from chatr. seems chatr is best for me. will change to chatr again. thanks again

@kris8646, no they are not unlimited incoming calls.  You have 50 minutes TOTAL.  Incoming texts are unlimited but the calls minutes all count towards your 50 minutes per 30 days.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

kris8646

@ShawnC13  hi shawn, can you clarify me how the incoming calls work on a $10 plan? unlimited incoming calls right?

@kris8646, I know you said you are on the $10 plan and had 10 minutes left.  Can you screen shot and post it as the usage tracker is not a live update it gets updated a couple of times a day and is it possible that you have used all the minutes?

kris8646

@CS_Agent   @NotaModerator     where are you guys? still no reply. whats wrong with this public mobile? frustration at peaks. i have missed important calls **bleep** man

Ali9

@Theknight wrote:

From my experience, it’s probably because the porting process didn’t go through.. if you’re new to PM and want to transfer your number from the previous provider you will be able to make the calls and send text messages but there will be no incoming calls and messages until the port process done successfully.. I suggest you check out if your number has been transferred successfully.. you can speak with your previous company and send another message to the moderators here .. the port depends on the response from your previous company sometimes it takes long time if they don’t answer the request of porting .. this’s only speculation because we don’t have much information to start from. All the best 

It was not a port but thanks for you reply. 

Theknight

From my experience, it’s probably because the porting process didn’t go through.. if you’re new to PM and want to transfer your number from the previous provider you will be able to make the calls and send text messages but there will be no incoming calls and messages until the port process done successfully.. I suggest you check out if your number has been transferred successfully.. you can speak with your previous company and send another message to the moderators here .. the port depends on the response from your previous company sometimes it takes long time if they don’t answer the request of porting .. this’s only speculation because we don’t have much information to start from. All the best 

@kris8646 Just seen a post by a Mod on another issue that the response time is under 48hrs!

@kris8646 wrote:

yes i did

That's good to hear. Nothing more we can do, sorry! Please keep us up to date on the outcome.

kris8646

yes i did

@kris8646 wrote:

thanks for the reply.

i have already sent a private msg to mod yesterday. still waiting for reply

In the meantime you could download free apps like "whatsapp" to make free calls over wifi.

It may take up to 48 hrs for a reply. Did you include your account and 4 digit pin in your message to the mods?

@kris8646 In the meantime you can download some free apps like "whatsapp" to make free phone calls over wifi.

kris8646

thanks for the reply.

i have already sent a private msg to mod yesterday. still waiting for reply

@kris8646 wrote:

yes its active. text is working

Confirm that it still shows that you have minutes remaing and if so contact the Mods.

To get help with your account, activation, or service?

Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get gelp with your account.

They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

Click here to send them a private message.

In your message please include:

PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].

Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

kris8646

yes its active. text is working

kris8646

its 10$ plan, canada wde talk and still 10 mins left

@kris8646 wrote:

yes am on 10$ plan and 10 mins left for this month. and i am not recieving incoming calls too

Does your self serve account say "active"?

Is text and data still working?

kris8646

yes am on 10$ plan and 10 mins left for this month. and i am not recieving incoming calls too

@kris8646 wrote:

my account is active and i can see the signals on phone. 

it says you dont have active add on s to call longdistance calls.

and not recieving incoming calls too 

Did you try dialing 1?

Do you have minutes left?

Are you on the $10 plan?

@kris8646 wrote:

Not being able to receive incoming calls is a sign of a failed port.  The issue with long distance can be due to calling outside the province when the plan only includes province wide calling.  More information is needed on the plan features. 

@kris8646 wrote:

Waht plan do you have?

@kris8646 wrote:

hi i have ported old number 10 days ago and it worked untill 2 days back. from last 2 days its not working

I have not seen a port undo itself.  Once it starts working, it does not revert back.  Likely something in the account changed in the last 2 days or something was done to the phone to make whatever was working not work anymore.  Nothing should be related to a completed port unravelling.  Please give the self serve account a good inspection and report any anomalies and the community can help to decipher it. 

kris8646

@Ali9 wrote:

4 days here since my phone stopped working.  Sent a private message to @CS_Agent but they have not replied yet. Worst customer service I ever experienced.  

Will file a complain to CCTS today.

It would be best to start your own post. Give a good explanation of what happened, what was working and what isn't working and we the community (customers just like youy) will try to help. If we are not able to help we will give you some pointers on contacting the Mods. I beieve all this can be done before CCTS gets back to you.

@kris8646 wrote:

hi i have ported old number 10 days ago and it worked untill 2 days back. from last 2 days its not working

Have you tried turning airplane mode on, and then off? Do you have network signal? Is there an error message? What plan are you on?

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kris8646 wrote:

What specifically is not working? Can you be more speficic.

Does the phone turn on?

Are you conencted to the network?

Is your account "active" ?

What happens if you try to text? What happens when you try to make a call?

kris8646

Need Help? Let's chat.