cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

all-circuits-busy message

HSPark
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m getting a all-circuits-busy message when dialing out but I’m able to receive phone calls. Any ideas? Thank you. 

14 REPLIES 14

@Carniam with the pandemic still in full swing in parts of the countries it is still happening quite often different places at different times unfortunately 

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Yktech contact the moderators and explain to them what is happening and ask them to look into it for you. 

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How often is this occurring?

Yktech
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, sorry the repeat but I have been having all circuits busy only with land lines, so I checked with a friend who is on a different cell company and while I try a local business number several times with no luck his call to the same business goes through right away. If someone has a real idea whats going on then I would love to hear. I call northwestel and they say there is no overloaded lines and have not had any complaints about this.

EdN

FONGO is another good calling app,  free calls to all numbers  in all provinces, incoming and outgoing (not the Territories). The only downside is for texting to non FONGO members, you have to subscribe to an add-on it's about $3 a month or $10 for 6 months.  I've been using them for years as a second number with no problems. Some may find the user interface to be dated but it works OK, some good features like voicemail to email even when you've logged out of the app. Can also purchase/add-on international calls and texts. 

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Korth wrote:

A dedicated circuit reports that all circuits are busy?

Reminds me of a Red Dwarf episode where they couldn't get a damage report because the damage reporting machine was damaged.

Heh heh Red Dwarf...one of the best shows ever...my favorite part is when they can't control their own actions and yelling "Look out! I'm gonna kill ya!" Ahahaha.

A dedicated circuit reports that all circuits are busy?

Reminds me of a Red Dwarf episode where they couldn't get a damage report because the damage reporting machine was damaged.

But just try the call again. Maybe wait a few minutes between attempts to let those busy circuits clear a path for new calls.

Or, of course, use lower bandwidth communications like text msgs and emails.

"Circuit" capacity is probably loaded heavier during peak hours - all those businesses trying to do business while working from home, etc. You might have better luck calling on afternoons and evenings, there's just less traffic across the switchboards.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@HSPark , try using a calling app.  This way you can do the call using WiFi data or LTE mobile data.  Telus is to blame for not rolling out VoLTE quickly to all its brands.  They want to monetize LTE to the extent possible.  As a result of the greed, every call Public Mobile customers make is routed through the 3G infrastructure only.  That part of the network bogs down and calls fail.  In the meantime, LTE which is far more efficient at handling data is probably sitting half idle.  

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@HSPark It is a known issue due to limited capacity. Many people, including me face this problem nowadays. Just try to call later again.

@HSPark Just hang up and try your call again. You can also add a voip app such as TextNow and use it over WiFi to make/ receive/ send calls and texts for free in Canada and to the US. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

"Telus Communications, Rogers Communications and Bell Canada said Thursday they are working to improve capacity to route calls between carriers after reports of dropped calls, calls that fail to go through and “all circuits are busy” messages faced by some subscribers.

The companies report an increase in cell, landline and internet use as customers work from home, organize teleconferences and phone toll-free information numbers set up by provincial and federal governments.

“Given the unprecedented volume of mass-calling events and new 1-800 numbers being set up through government agencies to help Canadians through the crisis, there are some challenges with voice calling between different networks and providers,” said a Telus spokesperson, Liz Suave."

smiley3

Yes, lots of people are mentioning this.  Circuits are overloaded because of the increase in calls due to the pandemic....keep trying....all carriers seem to be experiencing some issues, not just PM.

HSPark
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wow. This is happening to this one number? Like we had 4 public mobile numbers and this is the only one all day long? Huh? 

could it be anything else? 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@HSPark, as you know, with the chaos of the pandemic across the world and in your own backyard, all lines are busy.  I guess too many folks calling the ISP to figure out what was happening - an issue with the number of lines going into the business, all 'circuits' busy for their incoming line.

Need Help? Let's chat.