cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

additional fees for using mobile services outside my plan or add-ons

GI2016
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am a new PM client and I have not had the chance to look up all details yet.

I would like to get a clarification what are the surcharges if I use mobile services that are outside the plan and add-ons that  have.

I like the option to build my own plan according to my requirements, rather than buying packages and paying for services that I do not use. However, I am concerened that by trying to keep my monthly bill as low as possible I may get charged a lot for services that I did not buy either in my plan or as add-ons.

could you please reply or send me link for the fees/surcharges for services outside the plan and the add-ons?

Can I set a limit of how much money I can go over in additional fees? I would rather have my phone stop working than pay hundreds of dollars in additional fees? Let's say I want to give the phone to my child or a friend to use it. Is it possible to put a limit of the usage and the cost?

for example, if I have a "Province-Wide" calling plan and no add-ons and if I am outside my province but still in Canada or if I am close to the US border and my phone connects to the US cell towers, will I be charged some per minute rate, or I will not have the service that I did not pay for?

Will my phone stop working as soon as it is connected to the tower in the other province or US, or the phone will still work, but I will pay more than if I buy the "Long Distance" add-on?

Thank you

George

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GI2016 sorry for the late reply.  You can use the service as soon as you purchase the add-on.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

GI2016

Thanks!

sounds great!

in case I did not buy the add-on before my travel outside the province or if I have used up all of my add-ons, then all I have to do is to log in to my account and purchase a new add-on.

how long does it take until the purchase is activated and I will be able to use the new service than comes with the add-on?

Thanks,

srlawren
@GI2016 further to @sacari's awesome reply, when you are in Canada (and connected to a Canadian tower), your data and texting portions of your plan (if your plan includes them) Wil work anywhere in Canada--they are not bound to your home province, only the talk portion of your plan is.

But you will never ever get an unexpected bill from PM!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
Well said @sacari that's the beauty of PM never any extra charges.

sacari

@GI2016 Public Mobile is a prepaid service, and you cannot have overage charges on prepaid 🙂 If you run out of data, it will stop working. If you go to the US and don't have roaming pack, it will not connect to the towers and you won't be able to call/text/use data.

Need Help? Let's chat.