cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accounts

newbie07
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up my son to PM a few months ago using my info. I'm now looking to switch to PM and I want to know if I'll need a different email address and info to set up my own account now.

21 REPLIES 21

@newbie07 

If your email address is johnsmith@gmail.com just open the Public Mobile account typing the e-mail address as john.smith@gmail.com (or whatever spot makes sense to you to put that period). While the Public Mobile server treats them as different addresses, there is no new Gmail account needed since emails addressed to john.smith@gmail.com will go to johnsmith@gmail.com.

newbie07

its my gmail acct I'm using. He's using the phone but its all in my name, my info credit  card etc. The problem was that I'm switching over to pm and now have to make a new email address in order for me to get service now because I already used my email for his account to set it all up. BUt I just make a new one so I'll be trying to set mine up now. 

@newbie07 

name@gmail is same as name+anything@gmail or na.me@gmail 

You can user . anywhere between letters or you can use + at the end and append almost anything

You can also ask mods to change that email to

name+son@gmail and you can use then the original for your account

You can reach mods here https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Don't forget to use your son's referral code

Cheers

newbie07

I'm using gmail. I'm just making a new one that all. I don't understand the alias thing. I just want to do it and port my number then go to bed and hope my old number will be ported before work tomorrow. 

@newbie07 wrote:

You're way ahead of me there lol I'm still trying to figure out how to get an alias...

@newbie07 Who is your son's email provider? Someone can likely walk you through making an alias.

Do you, or your son, have an iPhone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@newbie07 wrote:

Its just inconvenient to create another email account just for this phone service thats all. 

Which email service do you use?  The aliasing is pretty similar across the services.  

newbie07

Its just inconvenient to create another email account just for this phone service thats all. 

newbie07

You're way ahead of me there lol I'm still trying to figure out how to get an alias...

@newbie07 do what I do, send your old email a message from your new email. Create an email folder and save it in there. You can also set up your new email to forward to your old one. Use a gmail account. You get 15 free gigs to back up your phone.

@newbie07 wrote:

Yeah they will gladly take your money from the same card but you must make up a new email acct that you will never use just to get service. thats so dumb imo.

@newbie07 is it a problem getting another email? I believe they use separate emails as a way of applying credits to separate phone numbers in different accounts

@newbie07 wrote:

I know who to set up service thanks. I did it for my son back in december. I'm just disappointed that I now want to join pm and will have to create a new email acct that I'll never remember to check just for me to get what I need here.

Make sure you remember the new email account and password in case you need to go into self service for that account.

newbie07

@will13am I'm going to look that up to see how to do it thanks. I had no idea that was even an option.

newbie07

I know who to set up service thanks. I did it for my son back in december. I'm just disappointed that I now want to join pm and will have to create a new email acct that I'll never remember to check just for me to get what I need here.

@newbie07 wrote:

Oh well thats disappointing.. I dont have any other email accts. And I already used mine to get service for my son.

Try using an email alias.  For example, gmail alias has the format email+alias@gmail.com where alias is the add-on after the + sign that differentiates with the normal email address.  Alias can be anything such as mom, dad, son, daughter, etc.  It will be treated as a different email address as far as Public Mobile is concerned.  However, to gmail it is the same email address.  This way you will not need to create more email addresses which of course is another option.  

newbie07

Yeah they will gladly take your money from the same card but you must make up a new email acct that you will never use just to get service. thats so dumb imo.

@newbie07 wrote:

Oh well thats disappointing.. I dont have any other email accts. And I already used mine to get service for my son.

Use yahoo, hotmail, gmail to create new email accounts.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@newbie07 yes each phone number need a separate email in a separate account but you can use the same credit card info if you wish

newbie07

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@newbie07 Yes, new account requires a new email for it.

Need Help? Let's chat.