cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoomer Black Friday Promo.

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd share this Zoomer black friday deal I saw on RFD. 36$/mo 2gLTE- 400 min. unlimited from 6pm & weekends. I was out of town so I didn't see it until now but I think the deal has been on for a couple of weeks.

Anyway, I sure hope that PM surprises us with a deal on Friday...

26 REPLIES 26

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Got it. Makes sense. 🙂

denkom

When he signed up there was a promo for 2gb so he already has that (but only 400 daytime minutes for now). Not sure if he will want to switch to the 4gb plan as I think he's managed to stay within the 2gb threshold. The downside of zoomer is if you go over the data you pay per usage. Wish it was a tiered billing approach like some other providers have. 

Michael77

Well........ the extra data comes with the plan. I am sure he will enjoy it. 🙂

denkom

Nice! My husband will be eligible for the retention plan around the same time and will definitely take advantage of the unlimited minutes option. Don't know if he needs more data.

Michael77

I sent two of my friends over to Zoomer. At that time the PM plans were terrible. They love it there. In 3 months they are eligible for the retention plan. They will either get the $36- 2 gig, unlimited Canada wide calling or the $45- 4gig, unlimited Canada wide calling plan. 🙂

denkom

Exactly. Right now Zoomer is the most competitive in my opinion. I'm trying to get my father in law to sign up for it so he can save on his plan - he's paying a lot more with Fido. My husband has been very happy with Zoomer. Those are 2 referrals I wish I could have brought over to PM... 😞

Michael77

I think Zoomer has the best deals out there. You get a free phone that you can keep or sell and you can get a retention plan in 6 months.

Michael77

@denkom wrote:

@Michael77 PM just doesn't seem to be as competititve as it used to be in terms of pricing. The lower cost options are 3g data...but most people I speak to aren't interested in using 3g speeds.

@denkom,

True.

denkom

@Michael77 PM just doesn't seem to be as competititve as it used to be in terms of pricing. The lower cost options are 3g data...but most people I speak to aren't interested in using 3g speeds.

Michael77

@denkom wrote:

@mimmo Because that recent "promo" was a little more than I'd like to be paying. But I did manage to get a referral in at that time. Can't seem to get any referrals with the current pricing.

@denkom,

I agree. 

denkom

@mimmo Because that recent "promo" was a little more than I'd like to be paying. But I did manage to get a referral in at that time. Can't seem to get any referrals with the current pricing.

Michael77

Too bad. This would be a great opportunity for PM to increase their client base. 

paulie

Black Friday deal not at PM.... crickets and tumble weeds...  wth ? 

mobileuser
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks.  Time to balance my wife's new account and my daughter's new account where it makes sense.

Michael77

Some sort of PM promotion would be nice. 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@denkom  , @CalvinW,   why did you not switch to the 4gb promo  for $47 (45 after autopay)  that was offered  back in september?  It was open to all.   I futuredated a couple accounts and helped a friend with a new activation.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Today-is-the-last-day-to-get-47-for-4GB...

denkom

I'm with you @CalvinW. December marks my 1 year anniversary with PM. Also been waiting for a promo to switch to. But like others....I feel like that ship has sailed... 😞

denkom

Hi @Shazia_K. Noted for the future.

Although I do think my post is helpful to fellow PM community members who are likely shopping around for cell phone plans this week (for Black Friday deals). Many of which, myself included, are probably checking the PM community on the daily to see if there will be any promotions offered from PM. I figured it's always good to see a comparison of what some of other providers are offering. Smiley Happy

pakmode

@will13am wrote:

@CalvinW wrote:

Pretty sure that PM won't be doing a Black Friday sale. 

Hope I'm wrong though, and please surprise me on Friday.

I've been with PM for almost a year already and still waiting for a promo to switch to. 

Unfortunately, as time passes, the glimmer of hope fades.  I sense the ship has sailed. 

Lol. 

@CalvinW wrote:

I've been with PM for almost a year already and still waiting for a promo to switch to. 

Unfortunately, as time passes, the glimmer of hope fades.  I sense the ship has sailed. 

CalvinW

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @denkom

Thank you for sharing this, however, due to our community guidelines please do not post any offers not related to Public Mobile. 

The community should only be used to get help and to give help to our fellow members 🙂 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

denkom

@will13am I think their referral is only $25 right now. Back in the summer it was $50. But hey better than nothing! I'm not sure why don't they don't post it to their site either...maybe since they are also a budget carrier they don't want to spend the time/resources doing so. 

denkom

@NDesai I'm not very optimistic either lol Smiley LOL

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@denkom, this was one of the worst kept secrets.  I don't understand why they won't advertise it on their site though.  Don't forget also the referral credit, wink winkSmiley Wink.  Unlike this service, both sides participate.  Best solution is not to stand still and watch opportunity go by. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@denkomwrote:

Anyway, I sure hope that PM surprises us with a deal on Friday...

Sorry for not being positive like you, but don't count on it. 

Need Help? Let's chat.