cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your reply got accepted as solution!

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Whoo-hoo! I recently received a message saying that ' got accepted as solution'

Whoo-hoo! So, what does that mean in regards to rewards? I noticed @gblackma has over 1500 bravos, and it isn't halfway to the month yet!

Do solutions get any rewards? Or @gblackma, is super ma! 

18 REPLIES 18

@will13am wrote:

Over the year, the community members give bravos and solutions very differently.  Back in the day, the proportion of posts not bravoed or marked as solution is a lot higher than today.  Today, a blank post has a higher probability of getting a few bravos than a quality post from yesteryear. 

I was going to make a blank post. Bravos are given out for replies that have nothing to do with what the OP asked about and even incorrect answers. It used to be that posting about 150 messges and receiveing 150 bravos would get you top 0.5% (today's top 1%).  Numbers from now do not provide good member comparisons to those who have been here a few years.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I will throw in a fun fact that derails some of the theories thrown around.  Over the year, the community members give bravos and solutions very differently.  Back in the day, the proportion of posts not bravoed or marked as solution is a lot higher than today.  Today, a blank post has a higher probability of getting a few bravos than a quality post from yesteryear.  So, the straight line math is not at all accurate.  The timing of posts, bravos and solutions matter.  In grand scheme of things, none of this matters that much.  If it does matter that much to anyone, time to recalibrate your life.

@Anonymous wrote:

You guys and your stats. Apparently I'm a complete loser at a mere 4.5%.

I guess I chitter chatter too much killing my solutions to posts ratio. Like this.

Oh well. Wha' do I care.

Chitchat pays off, though. The more visible (numerous) your posts are the more fame and fortune they attract.

And they sort of pack momentum. Many of my incoming Bravos are from ancient posts I've long forgotten about (and sometimes no longer find relevant or even agreeable), sometimes directly responding to questions/problems and sometimes just babbling chitchat. Every now and then I exoerience a Bravo deluge (or drought) because search engines choose to offer (or withhold) my Wise And Powerful Advice to anyone/everyone looking for details about a Specific Phone Frustration.

@ShawnC13  Regardless anyone with a solution stat above 10% is in a league of their own and over the longevity of his time here on the community will be a statistic that will be very hard to beat.

@darlicious wrote:

@ShawnC13  Looking at the regular contributors on the community there are four that stand out with impressive solution totals: @GR  13.88% @Dunkman  13.30% @LovesToPM  12.37% and @Jb456  11.00%.

The vast majority of those in the top 25 or so of the bravo leaderboard are well above 5% averaging over 7% with a few notable exceptions....me at 2.49% and @AE_Collector  while improving 10 fold since the beginning of the year is at 0.666% but thats probably his devilish side coming out!

@gblackmahas been averaging an astonishing 3 solutions a day for the month of February with @Jb456 slightly more at 3.5 per day.

All of the oracles are over 5% with @NDesai leading the group with 8.59%.

So with a rising post total so does the average solution total as a percentage of posts as members gain knowledge and are able to share it with others to help solve their issues quickly. After 6 months to a year a community member should expect to see their solution total to average between 5% and 10% of their posts if they post average to everyone else in the top 10% and higher levels.

I know it was announced he has stepped down as an Oracle but he is still listed that way as of right now so @SD08  at 10.30% would lead us.  That is until he loses the tag lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess I chitter chatter too much killing my solutions to posts ratio. Like this.

Oh well. Wha' do I care.

@Anonymous  You're averaging almost double my solution total....i just have a lot to say in a whole lot of long posts....so it could be worse.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh well. Wha' do I care.

@ShawnC13  Looking at the regular contributors on the community there are four that stand out with impressive solution totals: @GR  13.88% @Dunkman  13.30% @LovesToPM  12.37% and @Jb456  11.00%.

The vast majority of those in the top 25 or so of the bravo leaderboard are well above 5% averaging over 7% with a few notable exceptions....me at 2.49% and @AE_Collector  while improving 10 fold since the beginning of the year is at 0.666% but thats probably his devilish side coming out!

@gblackmahas been averaging an astonishing 3 solutions a day for the month of February with @Jb456 slightly more at 3.5 per day.

All of the oracles are over 5% with @NDesai leading the group with 8.59%.

So with a rising post total so does the average solution total as a percentage of posts as members gain knowledge and are able to share it with others to help solve their issues quickly. After 6 months to a year a community member should expect to see their solution total to average between 5% and 10% of their posts if they post average to everyone else in the top 10% and higher levels.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I only quickly looked at those with over 5000 bravos total but there are some very impressive numbers  @Dunkman  is at 3782 posts and 503 solutions, 13.3% there are many near 10%.  I am only at 7.6%

Those numbers seem to answer the original question about what it takes to get Top % Community Rewards.

@Korth wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@mpcdesign  Be proud of your first solution ... they can be quite hard to get ... their number total will represent between 5% and 10% of your post totals ...

Uh. Tends to be closer to Solutions representing between 1% and 2% of Total Posts. Sometimes more, often less.

@Luddite has about 4%, I think the highest Solution-to-Posts ratio in the PM Community.

I've got about 2% (and it seems like half of my Solutions were awarded by Luddite, thanks mister!) 

Even the infamous "sloz" has achieved a Solution-to-Posts ratio of only about 8%

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Participation-Target/m-p/221385#M4234

I only quickly looked at those with over 5000 bravos total but there are some very impressive numbers  @Dunkman  is at 3782 posts and 503 solutions, 13.3% there are many near 10%.  I am only at 7.6%

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@darlicious wrote:

@mpcdesign  Be proud of your first solution ... they can be quite hard to get ... their number total will represent between 5% and 10% of your post totals ...

Uh. Tends to be closer to Solutions representing between 1% and 2% of Total Posts. Sometimes more, often less.

@Luddite has about 4%, I think the highest Solution-to-Posts ratio in the PM Community.

I've got about 2% (and it seems like half of my Solutions were awarded by Luddite, thanks mister!) 

Even the infamous "sloz" has achieved a Solution-to-Posts ratio of only about 8%

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Participation-Target/m-p/221385#M4234

Edit: @Jb456 has a ratio over 10%!

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It seems unfair that I can't BRAVO myself.

I'm not mad, I'm just . . . disappointed.

@geopublic  LOLOL!!!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign wrote:

Do solutions get any rewards? 

This might help:

formula.PNG

@darlicious wrote:

@mpcdesign  Be proud of your first solution...they can be quite hard to get unless you have answers at the ready and you pounce on each new post like blood thirsty cat by a shrew hole. Otherwise their number total will represent between 5% and 10% of your post totals. Harder to earn at first until you build your knowledge and if youre not the first poster with the correct answer much harder to get.

Don't make comparisons to the top of the bravo leaderboard as the current top 2 have completely thrown off the normal stats for a month and is an anomaly. Generally the top 5 will have 600 to maybe 900 bravo s in a month. 20-30 a day so it takes a lot of work. Just keep doing what you're doing....informative posts with your own unique spin. Bravo!

I will modify this explanation with a slight word and number change.  Given the level of activity in the community forum, a rational level for bravos should be around 600 on the assumption that there's 10 posts per day and two bravos per post.  These are rounded average numbers.  There's no real reward for bravado.  It far from typical to have pure dominance where one or two people are the helpers in every thread twice!  This isn't supposed to be a competition even though we all have some competitiveness, some way more than others.  Don't feel the need to have both elbows out while trying to offer help.  Do what you can when you can.  Do this because you enjoy it.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign wrote:

Whoo-hoo! So, what does that mean in regards to rewards? I noticed @gblackma has over 1500 bravos, and it isn't halfway to the month yet!

In regards to the part above, in bold, if you look at that a little closer, that total isn't about it being "halfway to the month yet", but is listed as "Last Month (30 days)", i.e. even when we move into the 1st day of March, that total will STILL be for the last 30 days, so essentially, those 30 days are always a moving target, and that number will go up, or down, depending on what the activity was like in those 30 days.

@mpcdesign  Be proud of your first solution...they can be quite hard to get unless you have answers at the ready and you pounce on each new post like blood thirsty cat by a shrew hole. Otherwise their number total will represent between 5% and 10% of your post totals. Harder to earn at first until you build your knowledge and if youre not the first poster with the correct answer much harder to get.

Don't make comparisons to the top of the bravo leaderboard as the current top 2 have completely thrown off the normal stats for a month and is an anomaly. Generally the top 5 will have 600 to maybe 900 bravo s in a month. 20-30 a day so it takes a lot of work. Just keep doing what you're doing....informative posts with your own unique spin. Bravo!

@mpcdesign wrote:

Bravos and solutions are part of the Community rewards calculation,but they're probably not as much of a determining factor as many of us would like to think.

Need Help? Let's chat.