cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Service Provider

Villefranche
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched over from a different service provider (PetroCanada Mobility) about 6 months ago and imported my old phone number.  So far I'm very happy with Public Mobile. 

Every since I started as  Public Mobile customer, and when travel to the USA was still possible, I would receive a roaming warning email marked from PetroCanada Mobility whenever I drove across the boarder, and when I automatically top up my account every month I get the standard Public Mobile notification ("Congrats! Rewards have been applied to your account ...") under the banner "PetroCanada Mobile".  This isn't a big issue but I'm curious, why does the world still think I'm with PetroCanada Mobility?

5 REPLIES 5

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Villefranche wrote:

I switched over from a different service provider (PetroCanada Mobility) about 6 months ago and imported my old phone number.  So far I'm very happy with Public Mobile. 

Every since I started as  Public Mobile customer, and when travel to the USA was still possible, I would receive a roaming warning email marked from PetroCanada Mobility whenever I drove across the boarder, and when I automatically top up my account every month I get the standard Public Mobile notification ("Congrats! Rewards have been applied to your account ...") under the banner "PetroCanada Mobile".  This isn't a big issue but I'm curious, why does the world still think I'm with PetroCanada Mobility?

@Villefranche you can clear the history in your phone and it should reset, look where the alert is coming from. You may have been receiving a generic one, months ago but you changed the contact to reflect who is texting you. Sounds annoying but like you said not a big deal. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Villefranche  Go into your contacts and remove the petrocanada mobility entry and everything should start working again.

Villefranche
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the prompt responses ArmandoUrso and iliketotalk!

Yes, that makes perfect sense.  I did have PetroCanada saved in my contacts, so I have changed it to Public Mobile.  I'll report back if that doesn't work, but I'm sure that was the problem.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Villefranche hi if you go into your phone settings you probably still have some settings referring to petro canada delete them what type of phone do you have?

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Villefranche The Petrol Canada Mobility text must be saved as a contact on your phone. So try renaming it to Public Mobile. And did Petrol canada send you a email when you roam? or a text? Your phone must still have some things saved from Petrol Mobility. I know that when Public Mobile sends me TXT messages it says its from 611 so Petrol Mobility must've used the same 611 to send those. 

Need Help? Let's chat.