cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't accept referral #

Garry
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just signed up my first of 2 lines from Koodo, and now I'm signing up line 2 but it won't accept line 1 as a referral. What should I do?

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Welcome to Public Mobile, @Garry!  And enjoy the coffe.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

meekju1339
Awesome, so now that your all hyped up on coffee, your good to go. Mark my post of waiting it out as the solution so others can easily navigate the same issue if they run into the same problem and solve it quickly 🙂 Have a good one 🙂

Garry

After 37 pots of coffeeeeeee, we have success!

Funny thing>>>> No additional text received, but things worked perfect when I tried this morning.(8 hrs later)

Who am I to question it......All I know is that it worked.

Gotta stock up on the coffee! 

Smiley Happy

meekju1339

Your Welcome. Let me know how it goes 🙂

Garry

Ok. I'll go have a coffee!

I'll update when completed.

Thanks.

meekju1339

Yeah I received both of those and then 1 more message. The time from the second message to the third was exactly 30 minutes. So that is causing your problem. You should be good to go in no time. Just wait it out. Enjoy 🙂

Garry

I received 2 texts from PM. 

1st is from "100" and says congrats! rewards have been applied etc.

2nd is from "611" and says your new pin is xxxx

Is there another confirmation text?

Her phone sends and receives texts. Data works, and she can send and receive calls.

fwiw... I put the old Koodo sim in and its dead, so that line is definately closed at Koodo and received account closed email from koodo.

meekju1339

Okay so that means that currently the number is not completely done porting over (your wifes). Have you received the text message saying: "your transfer request has been completed sucessfully" yet? Because I know for me that I was actually able to even use data and call out but I would not receive incoming calls. As soon as I got that text, everything worked.

So let me know if you got that text or not and based off that we will troubleshoot further

It took about 20-25 mins for me to receive the message. But this can also be different for different people.

Garry

Let me explain.

I am switching 2 lines(wife and I) from koodo to PM. The 2 sims came in the mail today. I activated the first sim (wife) with a generic # and then ported in her Koodo #. All is well. Line 1 completed.

I am trying to activate sim #2 to get my line switched over. During the activation process I need to enter the 1st line(wife) as my referral but it wont accept it either as the original generic # or her ported in #. It says that the # is not a current PM subscriber.

I'm at a stall now...as I don't want to bypass the referral. 

meekju1339

When you say it wont accept it what exactly do you mean? Your friend signed up and it does not show up on your account as a referral or it gives you an error message when he tries to enter your number?

Need Help? Let's chat.