cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish: Data rollover

JuniorJunior
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The US pre-paid "Tracfone" offers data rollover.   This will be a very excellent customer retention feature; especially, as the gigs of data mounting up!    Normally, I don't use much data; and to see all that data goes wasted, is frustrating.  But sometimes, I need to do some research work - and I risk running out of data...   So, there are other companies offering promos to try to snag customers away - but if PM will offer rollover of unused data - that will be the incentive 'glue' that gets the customers to stick with PM, lest losing the rolled over data saved - since the unused data does not cost PM much - other than some software update to inventory and log towards the person's account.   The flipside is that with no incentive to keep the PM member from staying put, PM will have to keep playing the defensive game against other promos...

12 REPLIES 12

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mik101 wrote:

@CellGirl 

You're spot on there. My friend just moved back to NS from AB and still has a Freedom Mobile plan and as expected it is nearly unusable here.

I keep trying to refer him to PM but he keeps ranting about them owing him a phone next month. We shall see. I will keep working on him. Haha. 🙂

@mik101 

Just tell your friend to "shut it" and port over to PM already! 😉

mik101
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@CellGirl 

You're spot on there. My friend just moved back to NS from AB and still has a Freedom Mobile plan and as expected it is nearly unusable here.

I keep trying to refer him to PM but he keeps ranting about them owing him a phone next month. We shall see. I will keep working on him. Haha. 🙂

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Luddite wrote:

@JuniorJunior Not happening, but at PM you can renew your plan early if you run out of data - pay for the plan and ask moderators to renew.

or just pay for add-on data like srlawren advised 😀

No carrier is going to allow regular plan data to roll over to the next billing cycle Although Freedom Mobile gives you unlimited data, I don't consider them to be a usable carrier, since their signals are unreliable 👎   unfortunately. However, I think Public Mobile is the best, most fair carrier in Canada 👍

JuniorJunior

I understand...   but it is all a matter of what the customers expect, as well as what makes more sense & cents to the company.   It is not a new idea in the US, so why do they offer it in the US?  The US is always thinking of $$$.  So, It must be good for the company, cause they need to make $$$.   And logically looking at it, it makes sense that it can be a 'win win' strategy.  And that's also why I have 'Wish' for the topic... and if there is a plan that offers that - I will be gone...

JuniorJunior

@Luddite wrote:

@JuniorJunior Not happening, but at PM you can renew your plan early if you run out of data - pay for the plan and ask moderators to renew.

I understand...   but it is all a matter of what the customers expect, as well as what makes more sense & cents to the company.   It is not a new idea in the US, so why do they offer it in the US?  The US is always thinking of $$$.  So, It must be good for the company, cause they need to make $$$.   And logically looking at it, it makes sense that it can be a 'win win' strategy.  And that's also why I have 'Wish' for the topic... and if there is a plan that offers that - I will be gone...

JuniorJunior

@srlawren wrote:

@JuniorJunior yeah that would be something, but unforutnately that's not how the Canadian mobile market operates.

Do note that add-on data at Public Mobile does roll over--it remains on your account until fully utilized.  So on your researchy months, you could always buy and add-on or two to get you over the hump, and anything left over would stick around to use the next time you run out of plan data and so on until used up.

Thanks for the tip:  I do always have way extra data available, but I was simply pointing out a 'win win' type of plan that benefits the company as well as the customers - because when one intentionally save data for future use, it cost '$0' to the company - but it causes the customer to feel more needing to stick with the company - as it gives the feeling of being valued, as well as ok, now I have some for rainy days... 

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

it wont happen if ever.  Unless the landscape in canada changed significantly.  Cat Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JuniorJunior

@srlawren wrote:

@JuniorJunior yeah that would be something, but unforutnately that's not how the Canadian mobile market operates.

Do note that add-on data at Public Mobile does roll over--it remains on your account until fully utilized.  So on your researchy months, you could always buy and add-on or two to get you over the hump, and anything left over would stick around to use the next time you run out of plan data and so on until used up.

Yes, I understand.   The key issue is not the lack of data, it is more about a win-win for PM as well as for the current customers.  See, when there are data that will be gone by the end of the month, one can do some mindless surfing, and just use the data up, or if rollover is offered, I can save them for rainy days, so, it actually saves PM $$ & resources of not having to provide the bandwidth for my mindless surfing.  But if one have some data saved up, the chances of a current PM Member to leave PM is less likely... 

JuniorJunior

@cavemantoronto wrote:

It would nice but don't see it happenning.  This would encorage people to take cheaper plans and conserve data.  They want you to use and pay more.

I understand what you are saying, but...  I trust that people pick a plan based on their usage - say if one likes to stream shows, they'll be getting the plan that will provide a consistent higher amount of data; I wouldn't think they will pick a low data plan, and wait for half a year for data to built up to watch a movie; beside, it doesn't cost that much to up a higher data plan - and as for any business, it costs more $$ to attract new customers, than to retain one.  Offrering rollover data can be disrupting to other companies, attracts new customers, and retain current customers - all with one offering.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

It would nice but don't see it happenning.  This would encorage people to take cheaper plans and conserve data.  They want you to use and pay more.

Need Help? Let's chat.