cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless resources calculator

BAL
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi! Maybe I did not look long enough but I did not see a wireless calculator to estimate the consumption of resources on a monthly basis. In my case, I would be especially interested in a data calculator that would estimate how many GB it would consume if I do x number of web pages or if I do y GB if I download a video of n minutes. That would be great to see how much data I need for my wireless data habits or needs. Thanks.

41 REPLIES 41

BAL

For the amount of data, I will try 4 GB of data (only) for 90 days and watch my consumption closely.

BAL

Hi got an iPhone 6 (new), I have ordered my SIM card, I just need the card to join PM. I am looking forward to it.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BAL just curious--are you a current PM customer, or are you researching and considering signing up?  Have you decided on a data amount yet?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@BAL Glad to have been able to provide my cent and a half. You're very welcome!

BAL

Thank you guys for your replies. It is really appreciated.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi again @Luddite,

Having an eye for detail is both a blessing and a curse. After all is said and done, the former has served me much better than the latter.

@Martin It is part of my continuing exploration of how incorrect the spelling of a word must be before anyone notices! Robot LOL

Maybe we should request a spell checker be added to the Forum? Na, I'd rather have lower prices than a spell checker.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Luddite,

You referenced Nertfix. Is that company associated with Netflix?

Inquiring minds are awaiting your reply. 🙂

@BAL Try this reference: Data needs

In general from my own experience videos and software updates are the killers. Tried getting by on 5 GB/month for all needs in my household of 2 but regularly needed some data from kids when visiting them. So gave up and got 300 GB for the house (using less than 100 including Nertfix) and only 1 GB/90 days on the cell for accessing Google maps & email on the road. Because of PM's great pricing it was only an increase of $20/mo overall.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Agree with @7789849803, every page on every site can vary so much in terms of overall payload size.  And videos vary in resolution, compression level, etc.  It's really hard to nail that down.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mayor / Maire

@BAL Those "calculators" are all horribly inaccurate as a rule, since each website and video is different. However, if you're still interested in researching your needs more thoroughly, I would suggest speaking to our good friend, Mr Google. He always comes through for me. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.