cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will you make your website work faster?

telemonster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought SIM from London Drugs. Everything was perfect, until we start registering SIM using your website. I spent like an hour there... site was lagging crazy... othere than that it was ok. (P.S. they did not sell me the old phone without wi-fi, is it against law to sell untrackable phones now?)

7 REPLIES 7

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wi-Fi doesn't have to track your every move... Just only turn it on when actually in use... Same goes for GPS, Bluetooth, data, etc.... So many people leave these all on all the time, hogging battery and making your device more open to being tracked... of course not saying it will be, but all those open connections all the time will leave you slightly more vulnerable... Much safer at home on well locked Wi-Fi 🙂

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@telemonster

@telemonster wrote:

I bought SIM from London Drugs. Everything was perfect, until we start registering SIM using your website. I spent like an hour there... site was lagging crazy... othere than that it was ok. (P.S. they did not sell me the old phone without wi-fi, is it against law to sell untrackable phones now?)

As long as it's an unlocked phone, you should be okay to use that phone with Public Mobile. The sim card will have to be a new sim card. Your old sim card will not work. Sim cards are only good for one phone number and that provider. 

Old phones with no wi-fi? 

@telemonster @ I would be weary of getting stores like London drugs Walmart etc on activating your account. someone on here just got her account hacked and they took money from their bank account and ported their number.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/The-cell-number-had-been-stolen/m-p/52200...

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@telemonster wrote:

It may not have been the website. The store you purchased it from could have had terrible internet speeds as well. Can you explain the Wifii part of your post what do you mean an old phone without wifii? How old would said phone have to be to not have wifii connectivity? Like pre 2003? 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

This was not the  case for me. I activated my sim at our local London Drugs and it only took a minute.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@telemonster wrote:

The PM website can be slow at different times in the day, fer shur. Try a different web browzer...Firefox works pretty good. Try again later in the day. Above all....patience !

Welcome to PM.

telemonster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No

Need Help? Let's chat.