cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will a phone purchased in the United States work?

kotsy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey all,

I recently purchased a Google Pixel 2 online from the US that is "Verizon GSM AT&T T-Mobile Unlocked" on the condition that the IMEI number passed Public Mobile's network compatibility test. When I put the # in it tells me "The Network Compatibility check cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later.". I'm not sure when this will resolved. 

Can anyone tell me if GSM Unlocked phones from the US work on Public Mobile??

6 REPLIES 6

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@kotsy Google lists phone specs on their website, but only for the latest version. Pixel 3 specs are currently listed, so you won't be able to find Pixel 2.

Having said that, I know from personal experience that Pixel 2 is fully supported on Public Mobile, as long as it's unlocked.

By the way, don't get confused with the term GSM. You won't be using 2G GSM on Public Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kotsy wrote:

The check told me it's not black listed/stolen. It just couldn't provide the newtork compatibility issue.

I'm on willmyphonework right and not sure how you're interrputing that it will work. How do I know which GSM band the phone is in terms of MHz?

Those big blue check marks are the answer. If it wasn't known to work then you would get the red X like with 2G.

kotsy

Thank you!

kotsy

The check told me it's not black listed/stolen. It just couldn't provide the newtork compatibility issue.

I'm on willmyphonework right and not sure how you're interrputing that it will work. How do I know which GSM band the phone is in terms of MHz?Capture.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kotsy wrote:

Hey all,

I recently purchased a Google Pixel 2 online from the US that is "Verizon GSM AT&T T-Mobile Unlocked" on the condition that the IMEI number passed Public Mobile's network compatibility test. When I put the # in it tells me "The Network Compatibility check cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later.". I'm not sure when this will resolved. 

Can anyone tell me if GSM Unlocked phones from the US work on Public Mobile??

According to willmyphonework.net it should be fine.

Edit: if you have the IMEI then check with this place for the blacklist also. Not sure if it would know about a blacklisted phone from the states.

Need Help? Let's chat.