cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I be Compensated?

Huntress
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

O.K. So I got my new Card, (Which I had to pay for, which is not fair seeing I need it to keep my phone going!!) And yeah my phone is working again. But I did have to go almost 16/17 days without a phone. Will I be compensated for both the card and the time loss??

40 REPLIES 40

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Huntress

Thank you for your patience ! I understand that waiting for an answer may become frustrating, but rest assured that we'll look into this for you.

I tried looking up your phone number without success, would you be able to send it to me via private message? Also, in order to avoid confusion, can you only respond in 1 thread?

Thanks,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

cheeseburger
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

[Nevermind]

We won't see eye to eye on this. 

Good luck and have a great day.

teknowiz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well I had a similar experinace with Wind where after sim swat at a Wind store the new sim refused to register and they tried for diffrent new ones. 1st level and 2nd level Wind support was useless and I had to wait around 2 weeks for 3rd level support to sort out issue on the back end. During that time I had no working phone service and had to pay for new temporary sim card from Chatr and month of service just so I had a working line for emergencies. After issues were sorted out by Wind I needed another new Wind sim card as well which they would send for free but take several days or go to independent Wind store and pay for it instore. I chose the option to pay for another sim instore to get my line up running asap.

For all this mess the only compensation from Wind was to credit me for sim card I had to purchase for their own system issues.

So in this case I don't think you can expect much compensation wise specially if sim card damage and subsequent issue were not PM's fault. Best case scenirio is probably they will credit you for the sim card.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Huntress,  

Agreed 16 days is a long time, not sure why you had issues ordering a sim though.  why old sim stopped working we will never know unfortuantley.  the $5 sim fee is actually cheaper than several providers.    I think the best cource of action is to PM the mods as i mentioned before and see what they can do, but again give them some time to clear the huge backlog.    

I got confused on your last message:

@Huntress wrote:

I tried to get another one off the site by ordering it, but none never came, only now when you had to pay for it was I able to get one.

as far as i know PM started in July to charge $10 shipping (refunded on actvation) and free sim , then they switched to $5 sim with free express post shipping sometime in late september/october.    Did you recieve an order number for the first one? was it the simswap offer?  Just trying to understand what happened, becasue since july you should have had to pay for a sim one way or another, unless it was the simswap.  the more clear you can be when contacting the mods the easier it will be to get a positive result. 

Rockdaddy22
To be honest, I have no idea what the policy is on this kind of issue. You cand send a pm to a mod. Maybe they can help, I just don't know.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Huntress

@cheeseburger  You know what Cheesburge, with talk like that you can result in PM losing customers you do understand that, right?? I have been a loyal PM customer for over a year now even sending family and friends to this provider, and this is how I get treated.. Hell NO!!!!

Huntress

@mimmo  I even tried that, to send an e-mail through this site to them.. I filled everything out the way it says and said with happen and when I pressed to send it said emails dosn't match, Nowhere on this form does it ask for inputting your email twice! But it does say that and so I could send it to anyone!

cheeseburger

[Nevermind]

Huntress

@mimmo  No, it was working right up until I topped up, I able to make a call to the other cell and after that it stopped working!! I never touched it until it stopped working, and even then when I moved it, It would work for half a sec and then nothing again!! I tried to get another one off the site by ordering it, but none never came, only now when you had to pay for it was I able to get one.. And as soon as I put it in, and set it up, it was working again.. I went 16 days trying to get it to work and get a sim.. 

Huntress

Yes I understand all that.. And it says it takes 1 or 2 days to get to you.. (O.K. so it took 5 day)  But again I understand all that..

But I did go for 16 days and I don't understand the lashing I am getting.. Would you go 16 days without your phone after you paid for it to be working for a month???

cheeseburger

[Nevermind]

mimmo

I was with an unamed company, and took the sim out. when I replaced the sim it was not working (i damaged it in the process).   Said company made me pay for the sim since it was my fault it was not workng.

I am unclear on your situation, was the sim working and then stopped all of a sudden?  had you taken it out and accedently damaged it?  did you try the old sim in a different phone?  I agree the time it took to get a new sim was longer than normal, mind you before, they were sent regular mail, so a 7 day turn around was expected.

I would simply write a message to PM stating what happend and wait for a week or week and a half, till they settle the 14,000ish influx of new activations and if nothing happens after that write a reminder message.  this way you have a record on file.

You have service now, an adjustment can be made in the future.  I have 2 referrals which have not been put to my account, but i will wait until the more urgent issues are settled and the write the mods. 

Huntress

Yes and as I said on other posts, I understand that, but I'm allow to my opinion of thinking it is unfair for customers to have to pay, because they need this to keep their services going!! Otherwise I understand why!!

indulge me here..

You pay for your service, and the service isn't working.. OOPs your sim isn't working.. So after paying your service you now have to pay for a Sim to make it work again..  Paying more money for something that should have been working already!

THe only part in the wrong, is i dont see why you wouldnt have to pay for the sim card when everyone else does?  Regardless of your status as a current user or new user the policy is to pay $5 for sim cards now.

Huntress

How about I put this in lamens terms so you will understand..

You purchase a service, that requires you to have components belonging to the service to work properly, Now this/these components fail and need to be replaced. It is the services responsibility to ensure that the service you paid for is up and running correctly, otherwise, why is that service in business for??  So yes this Sim wasn't working and yes I tried many times to order a new one, and one never came in and yes it only worked when I paid for one, (When in reality, I shouldn't have had to pay seeing that I was already a customer with them and needed this componet to use said services again)

So I believe that I am not in the wrong here and I am only asking for services that I didn't get to use because of the Sim not working!!

Rockdaddy22
Was it their fault. I don't know.

Huntress

@Rockdaddy22   So you are basically saying that (To bad!!) It's not their fault that the sim doesn't work and so what, if you paid for a month and didn't get to use it for 16 days out of that month!!

Is that what you are saying??

Rockdaddy22
You could've had an extra sim, that's a choice we all have to make. I'd think it's worth the $5 investment

Rockdaddy22
Your sim broke I don't believe it's PM's fault necessarily

Huntress

I have been asking on here for days now if I will be compensated somehow for my time not used..

I topped up on the 30th of last month, after which my cell didn't work.. (it would work of a half a second when I played with the sim) Tried many times to get new sim but it wouldn't go through, (It finally went through when I had to pay for new Sim, which I think is unfair for loyal customers on your service to have to pay!) So I went 16 days without service I finally got back on when my new sim came and I activated it and made a new number.. But I am still out all those days I had no service..

Now I also have a phone here that is with Freedom, aka Wind. it is my son's Cell.. I had a problem I was able to call and talk to someone (Who was Canadian by the way) Told them my problem and they fixed it right away and gave me a credit with no hassles!!

Wish I can say the same about Public, but so far I get no help or word, as well as the runaround! 😞

So all I am asking for the 10th time is Will I be compensated for the time I didn't get to use??

I saw some message saying they did get it adjusted to the day it is ported.

I am waiting for them to fix it as well. 🙂

Bender

We any closer to an answer on this? We gotta keep this pushed to the top and not let it go since a lot of us were without service (yet paying for it) for a LONG TIME.

TO THE TOP OF THE FORUM WE GO!

Huntress

@Brooke_C @Caroline_D

O.K So my top up is coming Next week and I still have not got an answer on this!!

All I want to know is if I will get some sort of compensation for this.. I got my new card on the 16th, of this month and was able to use it since then!  I topped up on the 30th of last month And wasn't able to use the phone until the 16th..

Sorry about the tag, can't take it off now! 😞

Huntress

I just hope to get more time put on, just to make up for the time I lost! Although a Month would be nice too! 🙂

zzguffy901

I had the same type of issue, before it was resolved. PM did not compensate any sort of credit for the delays, they just push forward your payment date to the day that service was fully activated. 

Hope this helps and you get up and running soon!

hslee1210

More than half a month is a long time... I think you deserve some kind of compensation.. If I were PM, I would offer you some credit like a month free... Ask them for something at least. You lose nothing by asking compensation. 🙂

eazybelle

Ahh I see. I think a new start date will be given.

Huntress

I never got an answer that is why I am asking again.

eazybelle

What was the answer you got? Sure it'll be the same 🙂

I've heard they'll reset the date to whenever it's working (?) and your 90 days will start from that new date.

Huntress

I have asked this before and Now I am asking this again!

I have gone 17 days this month without a phone, because of my Sim card not Working at all, and having to order a new one..

Will I be compensated for the time loss?

Thank you

Need Help? Let's chat.