cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I just found out an interesting "glitch" when it comes to wifi calling and public mobile which does not support wifi calling....sort of.....

While I await the couple of CCS vouchers to show up the bf has had his service cut off however he tried calling me and got the usual message saying he doesn't have an active plan but after the message finishes his call goes thru to me via wifi calling that was previously active on the phone when it was with telus. When I call him it goes straight to voicemail....that also should not work when suspended for non payment. Can anyone else replicate these results if they have had wifi calling previously with a telus account or another provider?

5 REPLIES 5

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have checked this from my wifes phone who as with koodoo and telus before but still no there.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

With the PM SIM there, my phone does not show Wifi Calling as an option in the settings.  So, I can't even enable it.  😞

@Nezgar 

It's been at least six months or more....the phone was purchased second hand. So why would his voicemail still be active? All test I have done previously only allowed active voicemail when suspending via lost/stolen before renewal at midnight eastern. I will be reactivating his service shortly but would test if anyone was curious......btw....he can only call my moto g7+. Calls to the pixel 3 and the A320 don't go thru....?

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

How long ago was BF service with Telus Mobility? Is there a SIM card present in the phone (which?) It sounds basically like there's some leftover Wi-Fi calling provisioning still left in the phone that is kicking in as a "backup" after the cellular call fails...

Since we all know Telus Mobility / Koodo / Public are basically the same network, it's always possible for a little bit of cross contamination of features/combinations that haven't all been thoroughly tested by their network engineers. 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar 

Do you have any experience with this?

Need Help? Let's chat.