cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Why public mobile?

The best pro for Public Mobile - almost no SPAM from the company.

In my 16 months now, only maybe 3 surveys, which I did fill out... but otherwise only INFORMATION pertaining to account info (autopay, payment made, etc..)

SPAM txt messages from other companies were awful!

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM emailed me a link to a survey asking me why I left, who I switched to and what would it take to get me back. I switched to Koodo because PM persuaded me to do so with the 5GB for $50 text! I told them I would come back to PM for 6GB LTE at $50 per month!
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Coming from FM you will be paying more for US roaming. US roaming is cheaper on PM vs Koodo

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The advantage of the 90Day plan is you average your data out over the 90days. high month vs low month

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Andrewslu wrote:
Hello everyone. I am currently with Freedom Mobile and was looking to switch over to PM as I was fed up with the poor network quality and thought I had my chance when the last flash sale was going on in mid-August. Unfortunately the sale lasted maybe 24 hours (at least from the time I noticed the deal) and by the time I did any research Walmarts mobile desk had already closed so I couldn't get a sim card until the next day and by then the deal had finished. I still bought the sim card hoping the freedom switch promo would return in the fall and so I would be ready with the card in hand when it does return. However in the meantime time I started to look around and was wondering why PM? Especially when compared to Koodo. Plans are exactly the same price, (only cheaper if you go without Canada wide calling or texting) and only if you pay for 90 plans with PM. Considering both use the Telus network and so with no difference in network why would I pay more upfront for a 90 day plan (that limits your options to move around whenever you want) versus going month to month with Koodo. Considering how many people on the community forums praise PM I am just wondering if I am missing something or someone can give me a reason it worth waiting for a another freedom switch promo?

@Andrewslu have you try FM LTE network with the phone supported Band 66 ? You will be amazed the FM LTE network, I am happy so far, have it for a week now

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No I have the OnePlus 3 and so sadly their is no band 66 support and so no lte for me. Which is also part of the reason that I considered switching to PM. 

Need Help? Let's chat.