cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why not LTE

Hello Guys,

I love this service and am a customer for more than year and half. Mo complains. However, is there any plan to get the service converted into LTE service? Or why not LTE offered by PM?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Why not LTE

@Naik wrote:

Hello Guys,

I love this service and am a customer for more than year and half. Mo complains. However, is there any plan to get the service converted into LTE service? Or why not LTE offered by PM?

Thanks

@Naik They have and use LTE network, but the speed is limited to 3G. Previously, there were LTE plans, but PM closed them to save on cost. That is why PM is cheaper than other providers.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Maybe it'll happen when the 5G networks all roll out fully until then we won't really know. There are LTE data plans at the least.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Naik wrote:

Hello Guys,

Thanks

@Naik They have and use LTE network, but the speed is limited to 3G. Previously, there were LTE plans, but PM closed them to save on cost. That is why PM is cheaper than other providers.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

It's offered as data only at $30 for 1 gigabyte. 

@Naik wrote:

Hello Guys,

Thanks

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you want lots of data Public Mobile isn't the right place.

Highlighted

@Ed404 wrote:

If you want lots of data Public Mobile isn't the right place.

Well that depends, some times they can be generous.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Naik I'm guessing the cost of providing the 4G service has forced Public Mobile to remove it as an option. Also, other Telus Brand services already offer it at a higher price. Whether you believe Telus wants to move everyone up the food chain to Koodo or Telus or not, it does make sense that if you want to create a market for all three tiers, the bottom tier can't offer everything at a lower price.

I don't believe most users need 4G, or will see a great benefit. So I'll take the lower price and let others migrate and pay more.

By the way, one of my sons is on a 4G plan and pays an extra $17 and gets 4GB of LTE data, while my other son saves $17 and gets 5 on 3G. 

Highlighted
Oracle

This service does serve up LTE data, it's throttled.  Slim chance the throttle will go away as the competition is doing the same. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

When walking around using your data for normal everyday purposes. Ie not downloading a 20 gig game. Do you really notice the difference?

Highlighted

@gblackma  The averge user browsing, searching, Google maps, messaging, and even watching videos on their phone will not notice much of a difference. The resolution of videos may change from 1080p to 720p or 480p, but that still is not a noticable difference on a small cell phone screen. You might actually end using less data in this scenario without a significant difference in experience