cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there no customer support?

angry1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a plan with province-wide minutes, but it won't let me complete calls to within my own city because i apparently don't have a long distance add-on.

Not only do I have long-distance minutes, the call is local.

And to add icing to the cake, there is literally no way to contact any human being that works for public, and their chat bot is about as useful as asking a brick wall for help.

EDIT: It's okay everyone, I've found the solution: Take my business to a company that isn't completely incompetent!

42 REPLIES 42

angry1

@LurganIeUk 

811 is the local city-services number, it works in many, if not most, major canadian cities.

>ooks like most can be converted over to Canada Wide at no extra cost to you. Yo

if that's true, it's absurd. my plan is less than 2 months old. why would they even have offered only province-wide, if its the same price for canada-wide?

it's okay, though, i've solved the problem.  I'm switching mobile carriers to a less-mickey-mouse outfit

@angry1 

Well - you really have blinders on don't you.

Switching to a Canada-wide plan could be for the same dollar value as what you were paying before (heck - it could be cheaper - but I'll let you figure that one out by searching website options/offerings for yourself...)

As to whether or not you've consumed your minute allotment - it was just a recommendation. A lot of folks think they can count their own minutes from their device usage,  forgetting that public mobile bills by the minute and not by the second. But again, you seem to have that one well understood according to your feedback.

Good luck,  and be happy!!!

@angry1 wrote:

can't put a 1 in front of numbers like 811.

i cannot make *any* calls now, when i could not even a day ago.

and claiming all your support is online doesn't negate the non-extistance of support.

Is the 811 number in the USA?  I think you can call any 800 number in Canada free (does not count against your outbound minutes if on $15 plan). What Province Wide Plan are you on....looks like most can be converted over to Canada Wide at no extra cost to you. You might be unnecessarily  jumping to false conclusions!!

edit:  What I should have asked.....is the 811 number in another country other than Canada?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@angry1 

If you continue to have problems contact a moderator as suggested by @Anonymous 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@angry1 wrote:

EDIT: It's okay everyone, I've found the solution: Take my business to a company that isn't completely incompetent!

yes, it will be your solution if talking to someone on the phone is absolutely critical for you.  Different companies have different models and this is the support model for PM.  In return for  the "inconvenience",  PM set the price slightly lower and no contact so you can make your decision to another business without penalty.

angry1

@hairbag1 

i did not run out of minutes, and i should not have to pay for canada-wide calling to call locally.

angry1

@HALIMACS 

>Unless you're on an old grandfathered legacy plan which only includes provincial calling, you may want to consider changing your plan to the current suite of plans which include Canada-wide calling

The solution to not receiving what i'm paying for is to pay for more?

that's patently absurd.

>It may be possible that you have consumed your allotment of minutes, if you are on a limited minute plan. Check under your data and add-ons section for this.

I have not. I have 100 minutes and have used fewer than 10.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@angry1...

do you have a plan with limited number of calling minutes ? Could be you've run outta minutes until next renewal.

If so, get the $5 / 500minutes of Canada wide calling add-on.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@angry1 

I understand your username.

To focus on the issue you're experiencing, and less on the fact that it's well advertised that public mobile is a completely online platform, I have a few recommendations:

1. Unless you're on an old grandfathered legacy plan which only includes provincial calling, you may want to consider changing your plan to the current suite of plans which include Canada-wide calling. Changing plans is easy - just click on change plan tab on the self-serve landing page, select the plan which may suit you, and schedule it for your next renewal
  2. It may be possible that you have consumed your allotment of minutes, if you are on a limited minute plan. Check under your data and add-ons section for this.
  3. And less likely, but still possible, if you are unable to receive calls and send/receive  texts, you may need to top up your plan and renew it manually to get service is going again.  Confirm that the account status is active before going much further. If it isn't, top up and reactivate.

Anonymous
Not applicable

# 1. To get the obvious out of the way...you used 011 or +1 in front of the country code? Sometimes there are some extra leading zero's in country codes and "foreign" area codes. Maybe try not using leading zeros.

# 2 do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and if is not working 

you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here.            You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 

Good Luck

angry1

can't put a 1 in front of numbers like 811.

i cannot make *any* calls now, when i could not even a day ago.

and claiming all your support is online doesn't negate the non-extistance of support.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@angry1 wrote:

I have a plan with province-wide minutes, but it won't let me complete calls to within my own city because i apparently don't have a long distance add-on.

Not only do I have long-distance minutes, the call is local.

And to add icing to the cake, there is literally no way to contact any human being that works for public, and their chat bot is about as useful as asking a brick wall for help.

Try putting a 1 in front of the number.

The Public Mobile home page explains the support.

A0A11E58-C4C3-4928-A83B-29A1A07EACB0.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.