cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my internet speed H+?

Sherry1313
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

I have the $50 plan which includes 8g internet. I noticed that the speed has changed into H+. As far as I remember, my speed was LTE before.

How can I solve this issue? Thanks for your advice!

9 REPLIES 9

Luna2019

I am sorry @JoeFrankRoy my brain can not handle too many technical terms right now. Maybe tomorrow morning I will try again, lol

JoeFrankRoy

@Luna2019  did you figure it out

Luna2019

That's very technical knowledge!

@will13am wrote:

@Sherry1313 wrote:

My phone is Moto G5. How can i set it to LTE?

Go to settings, mobile network, preferred network type.  There should be option to enable 4G/LTE preferred.  Just to let you know, the so called "3G" plans involve speed throttling when connected to the LTE network.  Speeds are capped at around 3 mbits/s up and down.  There is no traffic shaping when connected to 3G.  Data speed is determined solely by network traffic.  DC hspa can do up to 42 mbits/s.  Actually experience will likely be less as the network is shared with other users. 

Sherry1313

Thanks!

@Sherry1313 wrote:

Go to settings, mobile network, preferred network type.  There should be option to enable 4G/LTE preferred.  Just to let you know, the so called "3G" plans involve speed throttling when connected to the LTE network.  Speeds are capped at around 3 mbits/s up and down.  There is no traffic shaping when connected to 3G.  Data speed is determined solely by network traffic.  DC hspa can do up to 42 mbits/s.  Actually experience will likely be less as the network is shared with other users. 

Sherry1313

@Sherry1313 wrote:

Hi 

I have the $50 plan which includes 8g internet. I noticed that the speed has changed into H+. As far as I remember, my speed was LTE before.

This could be because of the device settings, or it could be because of network conditions in your area.

The H+ type network is very capable, and in many cases, you will get better speeds on this network anyway, depending on various circumstances.

In theory, the LTE network is capable of much faster speeds, but that's only true when you're on a plan that includes full speed LTE data.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

H+ is 3G technology, so it appears you've fallen back tot he 3G network, as the 4G/LTE may not currently be available where you are, for various reasons.

You may also have set your device to force connect to 3G, rather than autoselect.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Sherry1313 wrote:

Hi 

@Sherry1313  What kind of phone do you have? Be specific about the model number.

Is your phone set to connect to LTE? I have an LTE phone, but I can force 3G if I want.

Even 3G plans here can use LTE, so this is an issue with your phone or you are in an area in the middle of no where that has no LTE cell phone towers.

Need Help? Let's chat.